West Hills, California Principal Nutrition ScientistApply Now
- Requisition Number WH5216
- Full Time Full Time - Regular
- Shift 1st Shift
- Area of Interest Science & Technology
- Location West Hills-WH
Principal Nutrition Scientist
West Hills, CA
Pharmavite has become aware of scams from individuals, organizations, and internet sites claiming to represent Pharmavite in recruitment activities in return for disclosing financial information. Career opportunities are published only through Pharmavite's official communication channels. The Pharmavite process includes an interview and never requires payment or fees from job applicants. Interviews will never be conducted via Google Hangouts, and any potential candidate will only be communicating with a Pharmavite team member through an official Pharmavite email address which will end in @pharmavite.com. If you receive a suspicious email or job offer on behalf of Pharmavite, do not provide any personal information or pay any fees. Interested applicants should only apply through this Pharmavite website. If you have already provided your personal information, please report it to your local authorities. Any fraudulent activity should be reported to Recruiter@Pharmavite.com.
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and everyday counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Principal Nutrition Scientist will serve as the internal and external expert scientist in the field of nutrition science and dietary supplementation. The incumbent will have a deep understanding of nutrition science, with an interest and expertise in vitamins, minerals, fatty acids, probiotics, prebiotics and/or fibers. Drives scientific thought leadership within the science of any of these focus areas. Ensure scientific evidence supports product safety and efficacy through scientific due diligence and management of clinical trials. Identify and provide scientific guidance for new products, technologies, and other business initiatives that support business strategies and objectives. The Principal Nutrition Scientist reports to the Manager or Nutrition Science.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges, because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutriment, we make matters, we must make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Deliver scientific analysis/interpretation, due diligence, and technical fortitude for product formulations, labeling and advertising claims, consumer and trade promotions.
- Provide scientific foundation for consumer-facing materials and external affairs.
- Lead and deliver scientific research projects that align with business initiatives.
- Actively participate in new product development, from discovery and initial feasibility assessment to product qualification, business evaluation and commercialization.
- Contribute new ideas within your subject matter expertise that drive consumer health through scientific and technical insights.
- Develop a strong network of scientific advisors and consultants.
- Monitor and analyze new scientific information related to dietary supplements and dietary ingredients within subject matter expertise; disseminate relevant information to key internal stakeholders.
The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of nutrition science and clinical research. You're a thought leader within the science of any of the focus areas. You will identify and provide scientific guidance for new products, technologies, and other business initiatives that support business strategies and objectives.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- Ability to apply knowledge of human physiology and clinical nutrition to meet consumer needs.
- Demonstrated skills in critical thinking, evaluation of scientific research, study design, and analysis and interpretation of scientific data.
- Exhibit skills in prioritization, time management, and project planning.
- Translate and communicate complex scientific principles to non-scientists.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results.
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite' s history. After 45 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
In order to take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- Ph.D in Nutrition Science, Pharmacology, Biochemistry or other relevant science degree.
- Strong background in physiology and nutrition science.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in scientific studies evaluation for product development, clinical trial design, development and execution.
- Ability to continually integrate new learnings with existing knowledge.
- Ability to communicate to a variety of audiences (scientific peers, consumers, business colleagues, etc).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including a record of scientific publications and presentations.
- A minimum of 10-20% travel via car or plane is expected.
Here, career paths aren't predefined, and bureaucratic limitations don't exist -- you can grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team -- to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization.
Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being -- as well as peace of mind. These rewards -- plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.com/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begin with us.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status. We do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.