West Hills, California Director, Application Development & Enterprise DataApply Now
- Requisition Number WH5237
- Full Time Full Time - Regular
- Shift 1st Shift
- Area of Interest ITS
- Location West Hills-WH
Director, Application Development & Enterprise Data
West Hills, CA
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and everyday counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Director, Application Development & Enterprise Data is a a business oriented, strategically focused leader that drives business value by delivering cost effective IT application and data service solutions. S/he will lead application and data strategy development with the IT Business Partnering team and delivers effective solutions to meet Company strategic objectives utilizing agile processes with internal and external resources. This role reports to the Divisional Vice President, Information Technology and manages a team of 10 to 15 including contract vendors as required.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges, because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutriment, we make matters, we have to make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Alignment of broad applications and data technology to business needs
- Creations and maintenance of overall applications roadmap throughout the development and solutions cycle.
- Delivery of proactive applications and platform technology lifecycle management while maintaining consistent performance.
- Expert in external partner selections and relationship management
- Creation of appropriate sophisticated solutions levels and lifecycles with clear linkage between data technology and business performance.
The ideal candidate has a broad range of experience leading high performing cross-functional teams and collaborating with internal and external customers to achieve Pharmavite's objectives. You have a passion for developing talent and organizations that have a learning and continuous improvement mindset.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- A continuous improvement mindset with deep technical knowledge across broad applications/platforms.
- Thought leadership with ability to understand future data and technology architectural needs.
- Ability to develop new solutions models that drive sound business decision that are simplified.
- Ability to deliver results against the odds analyzing complex business problems leveraging diverse technology solutions.
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills.
- A work style and approach that aligns to our Purpose and company Values.
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite's history. After 50 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
In order to take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- 4-year college or university degree is required preferably in Computer Science or its equivalent work experience.
- 8 years of managerial experience in the delivery of technology solutions, including:
- Development/implementation of new IT technologies within a mid to large-sized organization preferably in a consumer products or manufacturing/supply chain industry
- Application services at all levels of the organization with emphasis on Executive level support
- 2 years of managing a remote workforce
- Demonstrated skill in leveraging key Business Acumen competencies including information savvy, agile management, end-to-end application development, enterprise data and problem solving.
- Strong leadership with development of talent capabilities.
- Strong communication, influencing and conflict resolution skills.
Here, career paths aren't predefined, and bureaucratic limitations don't exist -- you have the opportunity to grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team -- to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization.
Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being -- as well as peace of mind. These rewards -- plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.com/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begins with us.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status. We do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.