Director, Direct Strategic Sourcing & Resource Center
West Hills, CA
We have become aware of scams from individuals, organizations, and internet sites claiming to represent Pharmavite in recruitment activities in return for disclosing financial information. Our hiring process does not include text-based conversations or interviews and never requires payment or fees from job applicants. All of career opportunities are published and regularly updated Pharmavite.com's career page.
If you have already provided your personal information, please report it to your local authorities. Any fraudulent activity should be reported to email@example.com.
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and everyday counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Director, Direct Strategic Sourcing & Resource Center is an engaged and inspiring leader with a mastery of developing and implementing world class sourcing organizations and programs including supply risk management, market analytics and forecasting, financial management, business process and organizational excellence. The Director, Strategic Sourcing & Resource Center is a thought leader and trusted partner to the Divisional Vice President Strategic Sourcing. This role reports to the, DVP, Strategic Sourcing and manages a team of two.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges, because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutriment, we make matters, we have to make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Leads the strategic sourcing for all direct materials and packaging categories as well as oversees the Strategic Sourcing Resource Center, which is responsible for sourcing center of excellence, market intelligence, analytics, and process automation for the overall Sourcing team.
- Delivers the Annual Operating Plan for savings, offsetting YOY inflation while delivering annual financial task, and maintaining a pipeline of productivity ideas to help mitigate unexpected annual costs.
- Develops and implement world class strategies that mitigate financial and service risk, provide long-term price visibility, as well as smooth supply and price volatility.
- Supports Pharmavite brand growth and innovation initiatives by serving as a consultant for new product material and packaging needs.
- Transform the Sourcing and Resource Center from best in class to world class organizations, ensuring a competitive advantage in the market through best practices.
- Participates in, and often leads cross functional teams, including Operations, Finance, International, Quality, and other organizations in delivery of results.
The ideal candidate has a broad range of experience leading/transforming high performing cross-functional teams and collaborating with internal and external customers to achieve Pharmavite objectives. You have a passion for developing talent and organizations that have a learning and continuous improvement mindset.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- Strategic vision and thought leader with a world class mindset.
- Thought / inspirational leadership that brings out the best in their teams.
- Strong business economic and analytical capability used to condense data and market insights into actionable and relevant business strategies.
- The ability to delivers results against the odds.
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills.
- A work style and approach that aligns to our Purpose and company Values.
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite's history. After 50 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
In order to take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- 4-year college or university degree in Supply Chain or Finance is required.
- 10 years of experience in food-related manufacturing with multiple years of direct leadership experience in operations, quality assurance, supply chain management, contract negotiations, finance, and manufacturing procedures.
- Ideal candidate has worked in other functions such as Finance or Manufacturing.
- Demonstrated skill in leveraging key Business Acumen competencies including information savvy, agile management, end-to-end Supply Chain, continuous improvement and problem solving.
- Demonstrated results in Strategic Sourcing, Sourcing COE, Market intel, Analytics and process simplification.
- Experience implementing Front-End Innovation programs.
- Strong influencing skills and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to Requires 15% domestic and global travel.
Here, career paths aren't predefined, and bureaucratic limitations don't exist -- you have the opportunity to grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team -- to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization.
Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being -- as well as peace of mind. These rewards -- plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.com/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begins with us.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status. We do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.