Manager, Health & Safety
San Fernando, CA
We have become aware of scams from individuals, organizations, and internet sites claiming to represent Pharmavite in recruitment activities in return for disclosing financial information.
Our hiring process does not include text-based conversations or interviews and never requires payment or fees from job applicants. All of the career opportunities are published and regularly updated Pharmavite.com's career page.
If you have already provided your personal information, please report it to your local authorities. Any fraudulent activity should be reported to email@example.com.
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and every day counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Manager, Health & Safety is responsible for full integration and management of safety and security for assigned facilities. You will ensure compliance with all related federal, state and local regulations and company policies. This role manages and actively involved in developing and maintaining proactive safety and security programs. Manager, Health & Safety reports to Director Plant Operations and manages San Fernando facility.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges, because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutriment, we make matters, we must make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Ensure effectiveness of all safety training and as necessary conduct training (classroom and on the shop floors across all shifts), demonstrations, tutorials or coaching sessions on a group or individual basis.
- Update and maintain plant's OSHA regulatory reporting and record keeping requirements.
- Coordinates the implementation of measures needed to assure compliance with changes in laws and regulations affecting safety and security programs.
- Oversees accident investigation programs and conducts root cause analysis of injuries and near misses and makes recommendations for corrective and preventative actions.
- Ensure compliance with all required federal and state environmental programs, including: air quality management, hazardous/residual/universal waste management (including waste minimization), storm water, etc.
The ideal candidate is a thought-leader and Champion for changing and fostering a robust safety culture, driving achievement and continuous improvement of safety goals. You can build relationships and achieve results from an influence position and are comfortable interacting with all levels of the organization.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- Continuous identification of occupational, health, and environmental risks and develops actionable mitigation strategies.
- Foster an environment of cooperation and teamwork in order to engage all levels of the workforce in the facility in order to see collective efforts to increase the performance of safety KPIs.
- Background and expertise in EH&S recordkeeping, reporting, and training.
- Experience with incident Investigation, including Root Cause Analysis and 5 Why Analysis.
- Ability to respond to Company emergencies 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite' s history. After 45 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
In order to take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- 5+ years of increased management responsibility in the areas of safety and security in a manufacturing environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of government regulations/code compliance, including CalOSHA, EPA, AQMD and other relevant regulations and laws.
- Ability to obtain and process information and providing actionable feedback to the organization.
- Demonstrated customer service skills in dealing with internal customers and regulatory agencies.
- Customer-focused with adherence to the compliance of policies and procedures.
- 4-year degree in business, safety and/or related field.
Here, career paths aren't predefined, and bureaucratic limitations don't exist -- you can grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team -- to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization.
Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being -- as well as peace of mind. These rewards -- plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.com/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begin with us.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status. We do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.