Supervisor, Accounts Payable
West Hills, CA (Local Candidates ONLY)
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and everyday counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Supervisor, Accounts Payable is responsible for supervising all phases of the Accounts Payable function including supplier set up, payment and month end reporting. This role will supervise and coordinate high volume accounts payable activities in order to ensure effective, efficient and accurate processing and administer the Company's ePayables program. Supervisor, Accounts Payable reports to Senior Manager, Accounting Operations and manages a team of Accounts Payable Technicians.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges, because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutriment, we make matters, we must make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Ensures timely and accurate payment of properly approved vendor invoices, freight payments, capital expenditures and other payments as appropriate including the proper assignment of GL coding. This includes the willingness to jump in and process as needed to meet deadlines.
- Maintains internal controls applicable to all facets of the Accounts Payable process. This includes the ensuring compliance with Accounts Payable policies, assessment of control risk and the recommendation of improvements to mitigate such risk.
- First level reviewer for accounts payable and other routine journal entries
- Ensures compliance with Federal, State and local tax reporting requirements for payments.
- Mentors, supervises, develops and trains staff.
The ideal candidate is detailed oriented, flexible and understands the complexity and nuances of high-volume Accounts Payables. You are passionate about maintaining vendor and business partner relationships, quick to identify and solve problems and applies learnings to reduce and streamline transactional processes.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- Demonstrated success in a fast paced, deadline-oriented work environment -- a go-getter, willing to pitch in and get the job done
- Customer service focus, balanced with efficiency and adherence to internal controls
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain internal, external and cross functional business relationships
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a keen eye for process improvements
Good planning and organization skills to balance and prioritize work.It's an exciting time in Pharmavite' s history. After 50 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
In order to take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- 5 years Accounts Payable experience with at least three years directly supervising a team of 4 people
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in Accounting or Finance
- High level customer service with a sense of urgency and deadline orientation
- Large ERP AP system experience, JD Edwards preferred
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office, emphasis on Excel
Here, career paths aren't predefined, and bureaucratic limitations don't exist -- you can grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team -- to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization.
Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being -- as well as peace of mind. These rewards -- plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.com/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begin with us.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status. We do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.