Environmental, Health and Safety Specialist
San Fernando, CA
We have become aware of scams from individuals, organizations, and internet sites claiming to represent Pharmavite in recruitment activities in return for disclosing financial information.
Our hiring process does not include text-based conversations or interviews and never requires payment or fees from job applicants. All of the career opportunities are published and regularly updated Pharmavite.com's career page.
If you have already provided your personal information, please report it to your local authorities. Any fraudulent activity should be reported to email@example.com.
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and every day counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The EHS Specialist is responsible for implementing and monitoring organization policies and procedures regarding local, state, and federal health and safety regulations. Ensures compliance with regulations and procedures by carrying out and analyzing regular facility audits driving continuous improvement. This role assists the EHS Manager in creating a sustainable safety culture where zero damage to people and the environment are achieved. The EHS Specialist reports to EHS Manager.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges, because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutriment we make matters, we have to make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Manage the site EHS Calendar to ensure all company and regulatory reports, training, data analysis, and general activities are completed timely.
- Champion Pharmavite's sustainability programs.
- Coordinates site-based safety, risk and environmental audits and supports the mitigation of identified risks.
- Serves as a resource and subject matter expert for internal and external customers in matters of environmental health and safety.
The ideal candidate has experience working in or helping to create a strong safety culture. This person should be able to model Pharmavite's purpose, beliefs and values.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- Proven experience managing Environmental and or Safety systems.
- Manufacturing experience -- preferably within the pharmaceutical, nutraceutical or a food & Beverage environment (FDA / cGMP).
- A continuous improvement mindset, constantly challenging the status quo.
- Sets the standard and tone for a strong safety culture.
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite's history. After 45 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
In order to take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in environmental science, safety or related field is required.
- Requires at least 3 to 5 years working in a cGMP manufacturing/production environment in a similar role.
- Proven experience with incident investigation, Corrective and Preventive Action Development using Root Cause Analysis and Problem-Solving techniques.
- Comprehensive knowledge and ability to interpret government regulations/code compliance, including OSHA, and other relevant regulations and laws.
- Intermediate level computer skills required in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to analyze data develop and create presentations.
- DOT HAZMAT Transportation Training and OSHA 10 or 40-hour training (or equivalent) required.
Here, career paths aren't predefined, and bureaucratic limitations don't exist -- you have the opportunity to grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team -- to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization.
Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being -- as well as peace of mind. These rewards -- plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.com/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begins with us.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
*No Visa Sponsorship Offered*