Team Lead, Operations
We have become aware of scams from individuals, organizations, and internet sites claiming to represent Pharmavite in recruitment activities in return for disclosing financial information. Our hiring process does not include text-based conversations or interviews and never requires payment or fees from job applicants. All of career opportunities are published and regularly updated Pharmavite.com's career page.
If you have already provided your personal information, please report it to your local authorities. Any fraudulent activity should be reported to email@example.com.
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and everyday counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Team Lead is responsible in providing guidance to team members while role modeling our purpose and values so that the team delivers safety, quality, cost, and reliability targets daily. Demonstrates creative thinking to solve issues, ensure critical objectives are met while identifying losses to improve throughput and yield. The Team Lead reports to the Packaging Department Leader.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges, because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutrient, we make matters, we must make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Promote a culture of safety within the team ensuring all members participate in BBS/MDSE program and attend the monthly departmental safety meetings, as well as properly use required PPE.
- Effectively lead others, possesses strong problem-solving skills, and has the technical knowledge to troubleshoot production matters related to quality and/or operational issues while meeting deadlines.
- Train mentors and develop team members to enable an agile workforce that is cross trained on multiple pieces of equipment/processes and functions.
- Lead team to meet or exceed daily shift Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in the areas of Operations Equipment Efficiencies (OEE), schedule adherence, and changeovers.
- Utilizing a continuous improvement mindset, identifies key losses to improve throughput and yield.
- Assist in driving root cause problem-solving with urgency and ensure team uses AM tools such as finding and fixing defects, completion of Clean, Inspect and Lubricate (CIL), and focus on Rapid Change Over (RCO)
- Facilitate and troubleshoot technical problems to overcome routine manufacturing equipment issues for areas of responsibility.
- Ensure that respective areas and departments are audit ready at any time by utilizing departmental GMP audit scores to effectively improve ratings.
- Responsible for leading and coordinating equipment changeover, work assignments.
The ideal candidate is comfortable with leadership, technology and working in a team environment.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- Minimum of 2 years' experience working in a highly regulated GMP environment
- Mechanical aptitude to troubleshoot and fix equipment malfunctions
- Comfortable with an industrial environment and using equipment
- Ability to read and interpret line performance metrics to increase productivity
- Comfortable working in a culture committed to safety. Participate in BBS/MDSE programs and monthly departmental safety meetings
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite's history. After 50 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
In order to take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- Experience running production equipment and knowledge of cGMP's
- Ability to lead delivery of required results in Safety, Quality, Productivity and Cost each shift
- Basic knowledge of the JD Edwards Enterprise One system or other required systems in order to assist in the close out of work orders
- Comfortable reading and interpreting analytics
- Ability to read and understand Job aids and SOP's
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Comfortable working in a team environment
- High school diploma / GED or 9 years equivalency of related work experience.
Here, career paths aren't predefined, and bureaucratic limitations don't exist -- you have the opportunity to grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team -- to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization.
Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being -- as well as peace of mind. These rewards -- plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.com/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begin with us.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status. We do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.