LEAD, MECHANICAL PACKAGING TECHNICIAN
We have become aware of scams from individuals, organizations, and internet sites claiming to represent Pharmavite in recruitment activities in return for disclosing financial information. Our hiring process does not include text-based conversations or interviews and never requires payment or fees from job applicants. All of career opportunities are published and regularly updated Pharmavite.com's career page.
If you have already provided your personal information, please report it to your local authorities. Any fraudulent activity should be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and everyday counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
This hybrid role of Lead, Mechanical Packaging Technician utilizes your mechanical aptitude and ability to mentor others to ensure we meet our customer requirements and deliver great product while meeting or exceeding our production goals. The Team Lead reports to the Department Leader who lead's a team of approximately 5 to 7 Packaging Line Technicians and Utility workers.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges, because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutriment, we make matters, we must make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Under supervision, trains and mentors the packaging line employees and creates an environment of continuous improvement in line performance as an expectation.
- Performs preventive maintenance and minor mechanical repairs and mechanical adjustments.
- Responsible for overseeing the operation of all packaging production equipment to accomplish an efficient and precision set-up.
- Facilitates the smooth training and rotation of employees on Packaging line and cross-trains Line Techs in all functions of production line to ensure team agility.
- Leads and directs changeovers from one product line to another to minimize down time and ensure cGMP compliance.
The ideal candidate is someone who has worked in an environment which focuses on Kaizen events, lean manufacturing training, and or experience in a continuous process improvement environment. You are change agile and thrive on helping others succeed and embrace this journey. You believe in recognition and practice active listening skills with your team.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- A strong mechanical aptitude and understand how to troubleshoot mechanical issues and perform root cause analysis when things go wrong.
- Experience utilizing a JD Edwards Enterprise One system in order to assist in the financial close out of work orders or other similar systems.
- Effective communication with the staff to teach operating procedures, manufacturing instructions, and complete required production and cleaning logs.
- Knowledge of cGMP's, basic safety practices in an industrial environment, and familiarity with production goals and meeting team performance objectives.
- Experience leading and or mentoring others in a team environment
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite's history. After 50 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
In order to take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- A minimum of (2) years of experience in a GMP compliance environemnt packaging and or manufacturing/production environment with demonstrated skills/experience leading others.
- Experience working in an environment which requires compliance with cGMP's, SOP's while ensuring a safe work environment for all employees.
- Comfortable working with data (OEE) Operation Equipment Efficiency reporting daily.
- Strong bias towards data based problem solving decision making.
- Must be willing to participate and or lead training initiatives to improve performance.
- High School diploma/GED or 9 years equivalency of related work experience
Here, career paths aren't predefined, and bureaucratic limitations don't exist -- you can grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team -- to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization.
Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being -- as well as peace of mind. These rewards -- plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.com/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begin with us.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
Where permitted by applicable law, as of December 1, 2021 all candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by date of hire to be considered for all US-based jobs if not already employed by Pharmavite. Proof of vaccination will be required at hire.