Senior Corporate Accountant
West Hills, CA
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and everyday counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made®, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Corporate Accountant to join our team. This position plays a critical role within our month end close process, manages complex accounting activities, and supports various levels of internal customers within the Company. The Senior Corporate Accountant reports for the Manager of Corporate Accounting and will be responsible for critical month end close activities, balance sheet analysis and assisting in ad hoc Finance/Accounting projects.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutrient, we make matters, we have to make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Supports the month-end close activities including preparing journal entries, reconciliations, allocations, and fluctuation analysis
- Performs the accounting for our direct-to-consumer business including nurish by Nature Made® and other emerging brands
- Maintains an in-depth analysis of reserves on the balance sheet including litigation, relocation, and worker's compensation
- Partners with Sales and Brand Finance teams to perform comprehensive monthly analysis of retailer coupon promotions and related liabilities
- Assists and supports internal business partners in the analysis of the monthly balance sheet accounts and P&L expenses against budget
- Assist with External audits, JSOX compliance, Special projects, and ad hoc requests
The ideal candidate has proven experience managing and maintaining complex spreadsheets with a high volume of data, possesses strong analytical skills, is systems savvy, and detail oriented. You can manage competing priorities, work independently, and collaborate with others to consistently meet strict deadlines.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- A passion for change, growth, and learning
- The ability to gather, analyze, and interpret information for completeness and accuracy
- A strong interest in continuously improving the automation of the accounting and reporting process
- The ability to seek and identify areas for process improvements and work collabortively with cross-functional teams to implement
- The ability to effectively manage competing priorities and deadlines
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and/or US generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite's history. After 50 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
In order to take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- Four-year college or university degree or its equivalent, preferably in Accounting or Finance
- 3-8 years of experience in financial accounting or reporting
- A Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification is preferred
- Savvy in Excel, able to manage and reconcile complex data from multiple sources
- Self-motivated, flexible, and able to work independently and collaboratively
Here, career paths aren't predefined, and bureaucratic limitations don't exist -- you have the opportunity to grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team -- to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization.
Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being -- as well as peace of mind. These rewards -- plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.com/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begin with us.
Pharmavite is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.