San Fernando, CA
We have become aware of scams from individuals, organizations, and internet sites claiming to represent Pharmavite in recruitment activities in return for disclosing financial information.
Our hiring process does not include text-based conversations or interviews and never requires payment or fees from job applicants. All of the career opportunities are published and regularly updated Pharmavite.com's career page.
If you have already provided your personal information, please report it to your local authorities. Any fraudulent activity should be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and everyday counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the maintenance and repair of buildings, plant and manufacturing equipment. This person will be tasked with scheduling preventative and predictive maintenance while assisting in the development of safety programs. This role is critical to help ensure the equipment and facility is producing products in the most efficient and cost-effective manner. The Maintenance Supervisor reports to the Manager, Facilities and Maintenance.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges, because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutriment, we make matters, we have to make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Lead, coach, and mentor maintenance mechanics in daily activities to sustain and improve site equipment and systems.
- Develop a standard of work and challenge the current process to deliver the correct process or equipment improvement for the department and company.
- Lead and impart Lean Principles to direct reports to improve equipment availability and spread learning to prevent future breakdowns.
- Create integrated development plans, facilitate cross-functional and multi-leveled teams through related decisions to achieve milestones, and ensure timely completion of deliverables of projects and facility work.
- Schedules and monitors preventative maintenance, and predictive maintenance in order to be the critical resource supporting operations and projects.
The ideal candidate will lead and inspire their team to achieve daily, weekly, and monthly results in the areas of safety, quality, cost, and reliability. This person will model Pharmavite' s purpose, beliefs, and values for their employees.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- Ability to lead the delivery of required results in safety, quality, productivity and cost.
- Demonstrate the ability to coach, develop and build high-performing teams including cross-training and empowering individuals.
- Ability to prioritize and delegate operational tasks and duties.
- Bring a continuous improvement mindset, constantly challenging the status quo.
- Sets the standard and tone for the shift, including quality, GMPs, safety, etc.
- Develop, track, and drive metrics for yourself and your direct reports to ensure accountability.
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite' s history. After 50 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
To take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- Lean/Six Sigma experience in a manufacturing environment with the ability to lead and impart knowledge.
- Strong knowledge of mechanical and electrical aptitude with the ability to learn and develop others.
- Sense of ownership, urgency, and attention to detail is required.
- Intermediate/Advanced knowledge of computers and software with the ability to extract, interpret, utilize, and improve data.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills across all levels.
- Requires 5+ years experience in Industrial Electrical/Mechanics.
- Requires one to two years of college or its equivalent.
Here, career paths aren't predefined, and bureaucratic limitations don't exist -- you have the opportunity to grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team -- to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization.
Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being -- as well as peace of mind. These rewards -- plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.net/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begins with us.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status. We do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.