Quality Assurance Supervisor (12 Hour Night Shift)
San Fernando, CA
We have become aware of scams from individuals, organizations, and internet sites claiming to represent Pharmavite in recruitment activities in return for disclosing financial information.
Our hiring process does not include text-based conversations or interviews and never requires payment or fees from job applicants. All of the career opportunities are published and regularly updated Pharmavite.com's career page.
If you have already provided your personal information, please report it to your local authorities. Any fraudulent activity should be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and every day counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Quality Assurance Supervisor is responsible for assuring consistent high quality of products through inspection and product release. This role will deliver timely, accurate and thorough reviews, inspections and disposition of materials. The Quality Assurance Supervisor reports to the Quality Assurance Manager and manages a team of QA Specialists & Coordinators.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutriment we make matters, we must make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role will deliver:
- Leads, trains, and develops staff with strong cGMP knowledge, regulatory requirements, and technical skills while promoting a culture of quality.
- Ensures timely and accurate review and disposition of all manufacturing and packaging records.
- Leads and/or supports the root cause investigation, documentation, efficacy evaluation, and timely closure of non-conformances and CAPAs to ensure product quality, compliance, and continuous improvement to embed quality into the operations organization.
- Communicates and reports results, metrics improvements, and necessary escalations to Quality and other department area leaders and/or managers effectively.
The ideal candidate is excited to join our Quality team as we journey into new growth opportunities for Pharmavite. You could train and lead a team with proven leadership.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- Demonstrated ability to build, develop and lead high performing teams to include cross-training and empowerment of individuals to meet safety, quality, and productivity objectives.
- Strong knowledge of cGMP's, SOP's, document review and internal/external auditing.
- Critical thinking skills and subject matter expertise for problem solving and troubleshooting operational issues and CAPA implementation.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbally and written) across all levels.
- Strong interpersonal skills to lead collaborative meetings with cross functional partners.
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite' s history. After 50 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
In order to take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- Computer literacy, as well as strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Proven leadership/supervisory skills.
- a minimum of four years of experience in quality or related inspection/investigation activities, preferably in a manufacturing environment or an FDA regulated industry
- Four-year college degree, preferably in related science field (i.e. chemistry, biology, etc.)
Here, career paths aren't predefined, and bureaucratic limitations don't exist -- you have the opportunity to grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team -- to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization.
Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being -- as well as peace of mind. These rewards -- plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.com/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begin with us.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
*No Visa Sponsorship Offered*