Packaging Equipment Operator
We have become aware of scams from individuals, organizations, and internet sites claiming to represent Pharmavite in recruitment activities in return for disclosing financial information. Our hiring process does not include text-based conversations or interviews and never requires payment or fees from job applicants. All of our career opportunities are published and regularly updated on Pharmavite.com's career page.
If you have already provided your personal information, please report it to your local authorities. Any fraudulent activity should be reported to email@example.com.
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and every day counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Packaging Equipment Operator is responsible for setting up, operating, monitoring and adjusting equipment to package product, ensuring compliance with standard operating procedures, safety rules and good manufacturing processes. The Packaging Equipment Operator reports to the department Supervisor and partners with cross-functional teams to ensure we package quality vitamins.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges, because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutriment we make matters, we must make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver are:
- Operates a variety of packaging equipment on a production line.
- Uses computer programming to enter data, adjust controls and operate machinery.
- Continually monitors equipment and product moving through line to ensure quality, packs and seals boxes; loads packed products onto pallets ensuring production and safety goals are met.
- Maintains accurate logs and records of production and cleaning activities, ensuring accuracy, completeness and compliance with procedures.
- Performs in-process quality checks, pulls in-process and retains samples as needed, inspects tablets, capsules and bottles for defects as they are being packaged. Notifies Line Lead or Supervisor of problems that disrupts production.
- Disassembles and sanitizes equipment at closeout of products; washes parts and machinery with water and cleansing/sanitizing agents; dries as necessary.
- Performs all duties in compliance with cGMP's, SOP's, JIs, and safety and quality procedures.The ideal candidate is a quick learner, flexible, and adaptable. You are willing to take initiative to keep the packaging lines running. Able to work beyond shift specific hours, including weekends as required.
- Working knowledge in a manufacturing, packaging, or shipping environment is preferred but not required.
- Ability to effectively communicate; read, write, and perform basic math skills in English
- Ability to work in team-environment
- High School diploma / GED or 9 years equivalency of related work experience.
- Some roles may require obtaining Forklift certificatioin within three months with on-the-job-training.
- Ability to manipulate controls, disassemble/assemble equipment using a variety of hand tools.
- Stand/walk for majority of shift and push/pull/lift large containers weighing up to 50 pounds using hand dollies, pallet jacks, or other mechanical aids as necessary.
- Perform repetitive job duties for long periods of time.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.