Tray Dry Inspector - Soft Gel (Temporary Position)
San Fernando, CA
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and everyday counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Tray Dry Inspector is responsible for preparing, staging products, and operating automated inspection machines. Visually examining and removing any/all defective gelatin capsules from batches either manually or through use of automated equipment. This position reports to the Department Leader.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges, because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutrient, we make matters, we have to make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Visually inspects capsules and removes any defective product through use of automated equipment or visual inspection techniques.
- Operates automated equipment that sorts, polishes and inspects capsules to ensure they meet specifications.
- Maintains routine documentation on each batch of capsules; prepares log entries, and labels product container(s).
- Communicates issues related to safety, quality, compliance, and equipment to the department leader.
- Lifts/carries containers parts or capsules weighing up to 30 pounds regularly and pushing and pulling of material on wheels or with pallet jacks up to 400 pounds.
The ideal candidate creates a culture that strives to increase quality and communication through doing what is right. He/she constantly meets and/or exceeds company goals in the areas of safety, quality, and performance.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- Manufacturing experience
- Hard work and determination
- Agility and response to production demands
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite's history. After 50 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
In order to take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- Basic computer skills required to operate automated inspection machines and transact inventory.
- Manual dexterity/hand-eye coordination to identify and remove defective elastic soft gelatin capsules.
- Fluent English communication skills to maintain routine written logs and records, communicate with supervisors and others and read batch records, operating instructions, and safety regulations.
- Good interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment.
- Full color vision to identify color defects in capsules
- High school diploma/GED or 9 years equivalency of related work experience.
Here, career paths aren't predefined, and bureaucratic limitations don't exist -- you have the opportunity to grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team -- to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization. Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being -- as well as peace of mind. These rewards -- plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.com/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begin with us.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status. We do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.