Enterprise Insurance and Risk Manager
West Hills, CA
We have become aware of scams from individuals, organizations, and internet sites claiming to represent Pharmavite in recruitment activities in return for disclosing financial information.
Our hiring process does not include text-based conversations or interviews and never requires payment or fees from job applicants. All of the career opportunities are published and regularly updated Pharmavite.com's career page.
If you have already provided your personal information, please report it to your local authorities. Any fraudulent activity should be reported to email@example.com.
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and every day counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose - that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Enterprise Insurance and Risk Manager is responsible for all aspects of insurance for Pharmavite, including advising on insurance being acquired, advising on appropriate retentions, deductibles and market factors affecting insurance, understanding insurance policies in depth, gaps and risk in insurance coverages, the insurance market in general as same changes and evolves over time, ensuring vendors are carrying appropriate insurance, reviewing vendor's and Pharmavite' s insurance policies (as appropriate) for gaps that put Pharmavite at risk, receiving and logging vendor insurance certificates, and making and following through with claims against insurance policies. The incumbent will facilitate Pharmavite' s enterprise risk management efforts. The Enterprise Insurance and Risk Manager reports to the Director, Legal and Compliance.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges, because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutriment we make matters, we have to make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Facilitates the enterprise risk management program of the company, which includes among other things conducting annual risk surveys, tracking, and evolving KPIs (key performance indicators), KRIs (key risk indicators), and efficacy of control measures.
- Partners with the functions to facilitate development of mitigation steps for top uncontrolled risks and evaluates efficacy on a quarterly basis.
- Develops and evaluates policies, processes, and standards to reduce risk, minimize business disruption and ensure business continuity and disaster recovery.
- Optimizes the organization's insurance coverage in areas such as property & casualty, general liability, product liability, and directors/officer's liability; Develops and coordinates risk control programs to prevent losses and reduce premiums.
- Implements organizational strategy for mitigation of financial risk, including financing structures, facility and business liability insurance and self-insurance programs.
- Assesses what new risks are on the horizon (both those that originate internal and externally) and recommends whether new risks should be added to Company's risk registry.
- Assists Legal in ensuring the company's compliance with state and federal privacy laws and such other laws as Legal may request.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate is strategic minded, forward looking and presents persuasive business cases with the organization's best interest in mind. The candidate provides safe environments for people to escalate concerns and new ideas and maintains a curious mindset and systemically analyzes implications of each conclusion. S/he can endure and work under stress and when faced with discomfort, and provides confidential, impartial, and supportive counsel.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- Comprehensive knowledge of the field's concepts and principles.
- Certified Risk Manager (CRM) or Certified Insurance Service Representative (CISR); either certification must be obtained within 12 months in role.
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, and oral communication and writing skills.
- Strong cross functional collaboration and influencing; Takes a consultant approach.
- Relevant experience in a consumer-packaged goods industry.
- Business acumen and understanding of business pressures and goals.
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite' s history. After 50 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
In order to take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- A four-year degree or its equivalent in a Business-related discipline
- 6-8 years of experience in insurance and risk management
- Demonstrated ability of creating effective insurance strategies
- Strong analytical, research, and critical thinking skills
- Detail oriented and excellent organizational skills including document control on all assigned matters
- Ability to travel 10% of the time
Here, career paths aren't predefined, and bureaucratic limitations don't exist - you have the opportunity to grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team - to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization.
Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being - as well as peace of mind. These rewards - plus our new recognition program - ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.com/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begins with us.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status. We do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
*No Visa Sponsorship Offered*