Strategic Sourcing Category Manager
West Hills, CA
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and every day counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Strategic Sourcing Category Manager is responsible for managing the entire value chain for a portfolio of critical raw and/or packaging materials. This includes supply chain risk analysis, development of vendor portfolio strategy, category strategies, supplier selection, negotiations, and New Project Development (NPD) support. This role will manage a portfolio of approx. $ 30 -- 50 million in annual spend and report to the Manager, Strategic Sourcing.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges, because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutrient we make matters, we have to make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Developing a solid understanding of industry related to assigned categories including costs, demand/supply drivers and trends to anticipate changing market conditions to ensure a sustainable competitive advantage.
- Collaborating closely with internal stakeholders (Procurement colleagues, Planning, Marketing, Innovation, R&D, Regulatory, Quality, Packaging Engineering Technical Operations) to identify and deliver on cost improvement opportunities and implement sourcing strategies.
- Establishing a good and collaborative relationship with existing and new suppliers.
- Sourcing and selecting suppliers, negotiating prices, and recommending purchases, to obtain the best possible value while adhering to quality specifications, service demands and supplier innovation opportunities.
- Communicating and aligning category sourcing strategies with key business stakeholders including Managers, Directors, and Leadership Team.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- Strong analytical, technical and data visualization skills. Digitally savvy.
- Deep knowledge of commercial and legal contracts as well as MRP systems and Excel.
- Ability to develop and analyze the total cost of ownership models for categories managed.
- Deliver results through influence with cross-functional teams and supply partners.
- Strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Act with energy and urgency.
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite's history. After 45 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
In order to take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- 5+ years of work experience including at least 2 years of experience in planning or sourcing ingredients and/or packaging components.
- Packaging experience, sourcing resin- and/or paper-based packaging a strong plus.
- Project management experience and embracing the evolution to digital is a plus.
Here, career paths aren't predefined and bureaucratic limitations don't exist -- you have the opportunity to grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team -- to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization.
Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being -- as well as peace of mind. These rewards -- plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.com/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begins with us.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status. We do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.