Associate Consumer Insights Manager
West Hills, CA
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and everyday counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Associate Consumer Insights Manager will serve as an objective voice of the consumer to guide and influence Nature Made brand strategy, communications, and new product development. The primary role of this individual will be to provide insights to drive Nature Made brand growth by applying quantitative & qualitative techniques. The Consumer Insights Associate Manager will report directly to the Senior Manager, Consumer Insights.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutrient, we make matters, we have to make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Support the Nature Made brand team by assisting Consumer Insights Senior Manager with and leading efforts to develop a deep understanding of consumers through a variety of consumer research methods
- Ensure that marketing initiatives are grounded in consumer insight by representing the voice of the consumer
- Help drive credibility for the Consumer Insights function among internal and external stakeholders through thoughtful development and application of data, insights, and strategy
- Design, implement, manage, and socialize consumer research projects that are both actionable and timely
- Synthesize primary and secondary data and insights into custom reports
- Manage and develop research supplier relationships
- Manage departmental budgets
The ideal candidate is passionate about understanding consumers uncovering what makes them tick. This person will have knowledge in a variety of consumer research methodologies that produce actionable business and marketing insights. The ideal candidate should be familiar with research within consumer-packaged goods. This person will have experience as a research supplier or strategy & research at a full-service advertising agency.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- Consumer empathy and the ability to distinguish between a consumer point of view and one's own point of view
- Ability to tell stories with data and insight that influence business decisions
- Work cross-functionally while maintaining the presence and integrity of the consumer voice
- Ability to deliver high-quality insights and projects on time
- Passionate in health & wellness categories
- Persuasive communication skills
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite's history. After 50 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
To take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- Strong proficiency in quantitative and qualitative research methods and approaches.
- Ability to analyze a range of information including qualitative, quantitative, and syndicated research leading to a deep understanding of consumer behavior
- Demonstrated strong project management skills with the ability to manage the day-to-day responsibilities of a research project while meeting tight deadlines
- Curiosity and passion for understanding consumers' attitudes and behaviors.
- Strong interest in health & wellness categories
- Ability to represent the consumer and the Consumer Insights Department in a collaborative work environment, partnering with Marketing, R&D, Finance, and Project Management
- Strong persuasion and influencing skills
- Clear, concise communication skills (both written and verbal) with management and cross-functional teams
- 2-5 years in a consumer insights function
- Master's in Business or Market Research/Analytics is preferred
Here, career paths aren't predefined, and bureaucratic limitations don't exist -- you have the opportunity to grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team -- to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization.
Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being -- as well as peace of mind. These rewards -- plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.com/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begin with us.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status. We do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.