West Hills, CA 91304
We have become aware of scams from individuals, organizations, and internet sites claiming to represent Pharmavite in recruitment activities in return for disclosing financial information.
Our hiring process does not include text-based conversations or interviews and never requires payment or fees from job applicants. All of the career opportunities are published and regularly updated Pharmavite.com's career page.
If you have already provided your personal information, please report it to your local authorities. Any fraudulent activity should be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and every day counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made®, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose - that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for assisting, coordinating, and / or leading the Company's compliance efforts for both internal and external audit processes. This role performs accounting, financial, and / or operating reviews in compliance with applicable accounting and auditing principles, while proposing solutions to problems/irregularities identified within datasets. In addition, the Senior Accountant, Compliance oversees routine compliance tasks and may occasionally perform more complicated tasks and special projects under the supervision of the Manager, Financial Compliance & Audit
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges, because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutrient we make matters, we have to make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Executes management of Company's JSOX processes including understanding the requirements, preparing the Company for the audit process, coordinating controls audits with internal and external audit teams, and participates in annual risk assessments, monthly account reconciliations, and user access and segregation of duty reviews.
- Analyzes current business practices/processes, identifies, and recommends solutions for strengthening internal controls, and implements necessary improvements to accounting policies/procedures and internal business controls to support corporate priorities, business needs and compliance programs.
- Reports audit findings and recommendations and participates in process re-engineering and other initiatives to ensure that appropriate internal controls are properly incorporated.
- Keeps abreast of current developments (proposed and implemented) by accounting governing bodies such as the IASB and shares learnings with the team.
- Facilitates the training of individuals and cross-functional teams on relevant internal control and accounting concepts.
- Develops strong cross-functional relationships in order to facilitate communication and to assist in assessing key business risks and exposure within the company.
- Performs risk assessments and account reconciliations while ensuring that appropriate documentation and internal controls are maintained.
- Updates and maintains Accounting Policies and Procedures (AP&Ps) pertaining to areas of the business.
- Assists, coordinates, and / or leads special projects in Compliance or other areas as assigned.
The ideal candidate is recognized as a strong performer in the Financial Compliance & Audit space. You are detailed, organized, and process oriented. At the same time, you excel when working independently but do not mind collaborating in bigger groups when required. Further, you are comfortable disseminating data and presenting to various levels of management.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- Successfully executed audit programs from start to finish.
- Hands-on experience working with cross-functional teams in a range of projects.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated process orientation, even in changing or ambiguous situations.
- Coached or trained others in audit or accounting methodology and standards.
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite's history. After 50 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
In order to take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- Intermediate knowledge of professional accounting and regulatory standards and apply such standards to new or complex transactions.
- Intermediate knowledge of financial and accounting systems and applications (Previous experience with JD Edwards and Hyperion preferred).
- Strong analytical, research, and critical thinking skills to identify irregularities within data, transactions and reports cross-functionally.
- Current comprehensive knowledge of GAAP/IFRS and Internal Controls testing (SOX compliance).
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office Suite with intermediate knowledge of Excel (pivot tables, vlookups, etc).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to adapt to various audiences.
- Detail oriented approach with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to work independently as well as participate as a member of a project team.
Here, career paths aren't predefined and bureaucratic limitations don't exist - you have the opportunity to grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team - to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization.
Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being - as well as peace of mind. These rewards - plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.com/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begin with us.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status. We do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
*No Visa Sponsorship Offered*