Manager, Manufacturing Training & Development
Location flexibility: San Fernando, CA or Opelika, AL
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and everyday counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made®, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Manager, Manufacturing Training & Development will provide broad leadership, organizational focus, and accountability for the training and development of all Manufacturing Employees, partnering with both Plant and HR Leadership. This position reports to the Director, Supply Chain Optimization and coaches a team of Site Training Department Leaders.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutriment, we make matters, we must make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Develop manufacturing training and qualification system in support of a high performing organization.
- Lead the full life cycle of the training program from development to implementation to sustainment. This includes skills matrices for each job level, skill needs assessments, training development, training delivery, qualification of resources, evaluation of training content, and management against business goals.
- Execute instructional design of learning materials to create content and curriculum to facilitate training. Work with subject matter experts to build materials needed to deliver training experiences in different vehicles.
- Works in close partnership with the Operations leadership and HR to streamline onboarding of new hourly team members, establish robust training plans for current and new hourly employees and deploys the implementation of that plan with the trainers and production team.
- Act as an internal consultant with site leadership teams to target performance improvement needs, provide feedback, and recommend solutions, including human reliability and investigation of human errors.
The ideal candidate is a people leader and specialist in the development, facilitation and supervision of training and qualification programs that ensure colleagues are successful in their role. You collaborate across all Pharmavite manufacturing & packaging sites to enable design, delivery, and management of the training and development function for all operations.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- Experience building robust training & qualification system and successfully implementing change across a large organization
- Ability to synthesize requirements for capability into manageable content for consumption
- Demonstrated execution of simplification and streamline of programs to enable efficient & effective use
- Focus on consistent and realistic expectations as programs are developed
- Capability and understanding of how to build successful trainers across the production team
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite' s history. After 50 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
To take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- Bachelor's Degree required. Training and Development, Human Resources, or a related field preferred.
- Minimum of five years related experience in training development required, working within a process excellence or lean manufacturing framework.
- Understand principles of adult learning, particularly in a manufacturing plant environment.
- Strong experience working in ISO or cGMP operations developing and executing successful training programs including the implementation of skills qualification programs.
- Experience leveraging electronic Learning Management Systems.
- Strong leadership, organizational, and time management skills with the ability to work with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Innovative problem solver, strong decision-maker and outstanding facilitator of learning and change.
Here, career paths aren't predefined, and bureaucratic limitations don't exist -- you can grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team -- to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization.
Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being -- as well as peace of mind. These rewards -- plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.com/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begin with us.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status. We do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.