West Hills, CA
US Candidates Only
No Visa Sponsorships
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and everyday counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made®, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Sr. Forecast/Demand Planner Oversees the development, maintenance, and analysis of the finished goods forecast, and participates in the Sales and Operations Planning process (S&OP), as well as contributing to special projects and other supply chain and business strategy initiatives. This role focuses on strategy, team capability, and process improvements. This highly collaborative role will be the key planning contributor in cross-functional teams. The Sr. Forecast/Demand Planner reports to the Demand Planning Manager and has no direct reports.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutrient, we make matters, we have to make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Assists in the development of annual operating plan (AOP) and reconciles the current forecast with the AOP.
- Manage detailed risks, opportunities, and initiates bridge the gap opportunity discussions with Sales and Marketing.
- Collaborate cross-functional teams on projects such as new product launches, line extensions and product discontinuations.
- Shapes an assumption-based forecast through a collaborative, consensus-driven process that optimizes the balance between market opportunity and supply network capability.
- Diagnosis' problems in the forecast by assessing the impact of variances of forecasted items and makes appropriate forecast adjustments.
- Proactively communicating supply risks and opportunities to key stakeholders.
The ideal candidate is recognized as an emerging leader who has demonstrated the ability to build strong relationships and a large circle of influence. You are process-oriented, and love using data and metrics to inform decisions and improve processes. At the same time, you enjoy working with and motivating others to succeed -- regardless of reporting lines and are comfortable leading small teams.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated process improvement experience.
- Has a solid understanding of all data and its relationship to the forecast (demand, shipments, POS, base/incremental split).
- Interfaces with Sales, Finance Marketing, Customer Marketing, and Pharmavite customers to incorporate all aspects of market intelligence into the forecasting environment.
- In-depth understanding of the end-to-end supply chain.
- A deep understanding of the S&OP process.
- The ability to pull and analyze the right data to inform business decisions.
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite' s history. After 50 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
To take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- Requires 5 to 7 years' experience in forecasting, analysis, reporting, sales finance, or statistics
- Strong analytical, decision making, organizational, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with the retail marketplace and working with Sales and Marketing is preferred.
- Experience with OLAP reporting tools such as MicroStrategy, Business Objects, or Microsoft Access is preferred. High proficiency in Excel.
- Experience using an ERP system such as Oracle or SAP.
- 4-year college or university degree or relevant work experience. APICS, IBF, or other supply chain certification preferred.
Here, career paths aren't predefined, and bureaucratic limitations don't exist -- you have the opportunity to grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team -- to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization.
Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being -- as well as peace of mind. These rewards -- plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.net/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begins with us.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status. We do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.