Strategic Sourcing Co-Manufacturing Category Manager
West Hills, CA
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and everyday counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made®, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Strategic Sourcing Co-Manufacturing Category Manager is responsible for managing the entire value chain of a portfolio of Finished Goods/Bulk with regards to a particular set of Co-Manufacturers and Co-Packers. This includes supply chain risk analysis, development of vendor portfolio strategy, category strategies, risk analysis, supplier selection, supplier performance, negotiations, and New Project Introduction (NPI)/Innovation support. This role will support a portfolio of approx. $ 20MM -- 40MM in annual spend. The Strategic Sourcing Co-Manufacturing Category Manager reports to Director of Strategic Sourcing Co-Manufacturing.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutrient, we make matters, we must make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Supports New Product Commercialization through Co-Manufacturers
- Partners with Supply Planning to maintain supply of current Co-Manufactured products
- Owning the sourcing and selecting of Co-Manufacturers/Packers, which requires negotiating prices and payment terms.
- Partners with the Strategic Souring Resource center to attain market intelligence on portfolio items as well as marketplace trends to proactively manage supply and pricing
- Leverages the Co-Manufacturing Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) program to manage Co-Manufacturer/Packer relationships and performance
The ideal candidate is recognized as a dynamic and capable leader that can manage Supplier performance effectively and provide Leadership to align Category Strategies with overall Supply Chain objectives. You are great negotiator, collaborate effectively cross-functionally to manage your external supply network, and are comfortable operating with senior management.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- Strong analytical skills especially as it relates to total cost of ownership
- Strong knowledge of MRP systems (preferably JDE, PLM, ASCP, and Siemens) and Excel
- Strong conflict management skills, broad procurement background, and understanding of supplier's strengths, weaknesses and competencies
- Strong communication skills both written and oral
- Abilitiy to deal with ambiguity
- Ability to deliver results through category strategies and sourcing plans
- Ability to travel out of state or internationally up to 10% of the time
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite' s history. After 50 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
To take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- 5+ years of work experience:
- Experience in supporting and/or direct leadership in a Plant Operations or a Manufacturing setting is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership through direct report management and effective cross-funcitonal collaboration.
- At least 2 years of experience/exposure in planning/sourcing ingredients and/or packaging components
- Project management experience is a plus.
Here, career paths aren't predefined, and bureaucratic limitations don't exist -- you can grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team -- to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization.
Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being -- as well as peace of mind. These rewards -- plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.com/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begin with us.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status. We do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.