Sr. Nutrition Scientist
West Hills, CA
We have become aware of scams from individuals, organizations, and internet sites claiming to represent Pharmavite in recruitment activities in return for disclosing financial information. Our hiring process does not include text-based conversations or interviews and never requires payment or fees from job applicants. All career opportunities are published and regularly updated on Pharmavite.com's career page.
If you have already provided your personal information, please report it to your local authorities. Any fraudulent activity should be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and every day counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high-quality products, and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose - that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Sr. Nutrition Scientist serves as an internal and external expert scientist in the field of nutrition science, dietary supplementation, and/or non-prescription therapeutics, and women's health. The incumbent will have a deep understanding of nutrition science, with an interest and expertise in women's health. The Sr. Nutrition Scientist ensures scientific evidence supports product safety and efficacy through scientific due diligence and management of clinical trials. The incumbent will identify and provide scientific guidance for new products, technologies, and other business initiatives that support business strategies and objectives. This role works cross-functionally to drive the translation of science to health care practitioners and key stakeholders by developing and communicating educational materials and leveraging key opinion leaders. The Sr. Nutrition Scientist reports to the Manager of Nutrition Science.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges, because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutriment we make matters, we have to make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Providing scientific analysis/interpretation, due diligence, and technical fortitude for product formulations, labeling, and advertising claims, consumer and trade promotions.
- Actively participating in new product development, from discovery and initial feasibility assessment to product qualification, business evaluation, and commercialization.
- Monitoring and analyzing new scientific information related to dietary supplements, dietary ingredients, and non-prescription therapeutics within subject matter expertise, disseminating relevant information to key internal stakeholders.
- Creating content (written and video) that translates complex mechanisms and new research to consumers and clinical application of science to healthcare practitioners. Reviewing and verifying accuracy of externally facing scientific content created by internal team members.
- Contributing new ideas that drive consumer health through scientific and technical insights.
- Integrating the HCP strategy and women's health education by representing Pharmavite at exhibit booths, medical conferences, trade shows, and scientific congresses
- Developing a strong network of scientific advisors and consultants; interfacing with key opinion leaders and scientific advisory board members
The ideal candidate has experience working in nutrition, food, or pharmaceutical sciences and a passion to educate consumers to promote knowledge about disease states and prevention. They have experience communicating with a variety of audiences, including scientific peers, consumers, health care professionals, business colleagues and other stakeholders.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- Ability to apply knowledge of human physiology, clinical nutrition, and women's health to meet consumer needs.
- Demonstrated skills in critical analysis of scientific results, and translation of scientific results to claims and HCP directed communications.
- Demonstrated skills in collaborating cross-functionally, prioritization, time management, and project planning.
- Ability to translate and communicate complex scientific principles to non-scientists.
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite's history. After 50 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees, this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
In order to take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- Advanced degree (PhD, MD, DO, PharmD, etc.) in the life sciences, Biochemistry, Nutritional Science, or related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role in nutrition, food, or pharmaceutical sciences in addition to PhD, MD, DO, or PharmD degree. A minimum of 6 years of experience with a Master's degree.
- Proven track record of presenting and publishing in the field of women's medicine and nutrition sciences.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including confidence with public speaking and engagement with presenting to employees, customers, and scientific peers.
- Requires 20-30% travel
Here, career paths aren't predefined, and bureaucratic limitations don't exist - you have the opportunity to grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team - to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization.
Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being -- as well as peace of mind. These rewards - plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.net/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begin with us.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status. We do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
*No Visa Sponsorship Offered*