Engineering Capital Project Manager
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and every day counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made®, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high-quality products, and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Engineering Capital Project Manager is a key member of the engineering organization. This individual works along with the site's project engineers, and other key stakeholders, in a team and the customer-centric manner in the feasibility and development (corporate) and delivery of (site) strategic, infrastructure, and EHS type projects that enable the continued success, growth, and agility of Pharmavite operations. The Engineering Capital Project Manager will leverage an engineering, project planning, and continuous improvement mindset in delivering against the expectations of the projects as well as the wider organizational goals.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutrient, we make matters, we have to make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- You will support the manufacturing sites in the development and delivering both strategic and tactical capital projects working with key business partners/stakeholders (Site Operations, Technical, Corporate Engineering, EHS, Quality, Finance, CI, R&D, PMO).
- You will work closely with corporate engineering as early engineering is undertaken (maintain close involvement with early larger project development) then develop projects and project schedules leveraging tools such as MS Project and PMI tools
- You will lead cross-functional teams ensuring necessary SME's including Project Engineer and Controls & Automation Engineers involvement.
- You will develop and execution with a Lean mindset and a team-centric approach, leveraging Lean tools (3P, Value Stream Mapping, etc.), develop capital project business cases leveraging supply chain/operations data, and provide project updates to management and key stakeholders including procurement and west coast partners on project progress and other things that may influence project outcomes.
- While managing a Capital Project your scope of work will require you to complete projects (through Qualification and start-up) ensuring agreed success criteria are fully met.
The ideal candidate is well established in their project management skillset. You are motivated and do not stop when problems arise but look for alternative solutions. Communication is a key factor in your success.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- Good understanding of capital project management, along with a good understanding of manufacturing unit operations, utility systems, and construction management / contracting
- The ability to manage multiple projects at the same time and a proven track record for complex project development and execution
- Business & financial acumen required to support business case development and the ability to translate business problems into actionable projects
- Excellent technical writing skills & verbal communication skills
- Possesses the tenacity to overcome obstacles and implement solutions
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite's history. After 50 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
To take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, or Electrical).
- PMP Certification is preferred but not required.
- 7 - 10 years of project management in a manufacturing environment.
Here, career paths aren't predefined, and bureaucratic limitations don't exist -- you have the opportunity to grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team -- to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization.
Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being -- as well as peace of mind. These rewards -- plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.com/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begins with us.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.