Department Lead, Manufacturing Training & Development
San Fernando, CA
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and everyday counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made®, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Department Lead, Manufacturing Training & Development will collaborate closely with Site Leadership to identify specific training and development needs to support the operations strategic plan. Responsible for the development and execution of particular projects within assigned space. Support Manufacturing's continuous improvement journey by championing the development of standard work instructions for production positions to audit performance against and ensure consistent training practices and sustainment of improvements.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutriment, we make matters, we must make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Develop manufacturing training and qualification system in support of a high performining site.
- Lead the full life cycle of the training program from development to implementation to sustainment. This includes skills matrics for each job level, skill needs assessments, training development, training delivery, qualification of resources, evaluation of training content, and management against business goals.
- Develops and executes training for changes in process or equipment. Develops content and curriculum to facilitate training and works with cross functional subject matter experts to deliver training experiences in different vehicles.
- Works in close partnership with the Operations leadership and HR to execute new hourly team members, establish robust training plans for current and new hourly employees and deploys the implementation of that plan with the trainers and production team.
- Acts as a subject matter expert with site leadership teams to target performance improvement needs, provides feedback, and recommend solutions, including human reliability and investigation of human errors. Partners with peers across sites on best practices and drives standardization of programs.
- Provides Leadership and organizational focus for onboarding new hires, training accountability development for all Manufacturing Sites to ensure process institutionalization.
The ideal candidate is a people leader that specializes in the development, facilitation and supervision of the training and qualification program at the site. You collaborate across the entire site to enable design and delivery of meaningful content to our employees in an exciting way.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- Experience building robust training & qualification system and successfully implements change across the site
- Ability to synthesize requirements for capability into manageable content for consumption
- Demonstrated execution of simplification and streamline of programs to enable efficient & effective use
- Focus on consistent and realistic expectation as programs are developed and deployed
- Capability and understanding of how to build successful internal trainers across the site
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite' s history. After 50 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
To take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- Bachelor's Degree required. Training and Development, Human Resources, or a related field preferred.
- Minimum of two years related experience in training development required, working within a process excellence or lean manufacturing framework.
- Understand principles of adult learning, particularly in a manufacturing plant environment.
- Strong experience working in ISO or cGMP operations developing and executing successful training programs including the implementation of skills qualification programs.
- Experience leveraging electronic Learning Management Systems.
- Strong leadership, organizational, and time management skills with the ability to work with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Innovative problem solver, strong decision-maker and outstanding facilitator of learning and change.
- Application of Lean Manufacturing programs is preferred but not required.
Here, career paths aren't predefined, and bureaucratic limitations don't exist -- you can grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team -- to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization.
Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being -- as well as peace of mind. These rewards -- plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.com/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begin with us.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status. We do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.