Manager, Verification Programs
West Hills, CA
*No Visa Sponsorship Offered*
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and everyday counts. You'll have the opportunity to work for the company that has the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Verification Programs Manager manages Pharmavite's Verification department and its programs. The incumbent will lead and collaborate cross-functionally to ensure our third-party Verification programs are deployed and creates agile and risk-based processes and standard practices that ensure Verifications are achieved and maintained. The Verification Programs Manager reports to the Quality Standards Director.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutriment, we make matters, we must make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Oversees the activities and staffing of the Third-Party Verification department's programs, projects, and key initiatives. Ensures alignment to and support of company and quality organization strategies.
- Manages communications with a variety of third-party verification programs and internal sales, business, technical, regulatory, and quality partners.
- Develops and manages risk-based approaches and tools to prioritize projects and key initiatives. Creates and maintains tools to achieve departmental focus and deliver closure and sustainment of programs.
- Proactively identifies and makes recommendations to design or improve processes to deliver simple and reliable outcomes.
- Leads cross-functional efforts to achieve Verifications for new and existing products against pre-determined timelines.
- Identifies risks associated with proposed Verification efforts. Qualifies risk, establishes and/or collaborates on solutions and communicates proactively with impacted parties.
- Supports and collaborates with the Quality Improvement Organization on audit planning and hosting.
- Other projects as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have had experience leading an organization charged with supporting a dynamic and innovative company. Has demonstrated themselves to be skilled at managing multiple initiatives and delivering results to a diverse set of internal and external customers. Is enthusiastic about mentoring and developing an organization that practices relationship and risk-based quality. Has comfort in navigating and bringing clarity to an organization when challenged by a diverse set of regulatory, standard and program requirements. Finally, is comfortable communicating on technical, regulatory and compliance topics with a diverse set of internal and external audiences.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- Experience in dietary supplements or pharmaceuticals
- Project management skills and/or familiarity with common project tools
- Up to date knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices applicable to the dietary supplements industry
- Experience hosting, supporting, or preparing for audits
- QA or QC experience; specifically, specifications, batch records, investigations, documentation review
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite's history. After 50 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
In order to take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- A four-year college or university degree or its equivalent in Chemistry, Biology, or related science.
- Requires seven years' experience in a GMP regulated industry.
- 4 years working experience with third-party Verification programs preferred; including, retailers or standard or compendial bodies
- 2 years of leadership experience providing direct supervision
- Proven ability to utilize common root-cause and risk assessment tools to resolve gaps
- Proven ability to identify, manage and interpret metrics
- Strong computer and communication skills
- Technical and/or writing in an GMP environment
- Ability to travel 10% of time, including, travel between local sites or air travel to the company's non-local sites and or third-party service providers
Here, career paths aren't predefined and bureaucratic limitations don't exist -- you have the opportunity to grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team -- to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization.
Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being -- as well as peace of mind. These rewards -- plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both t work and home.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status. We do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
Visit Pharmavite.net/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begins with us.