Industrial Health and Safety Manager
West Hills, CA (Hybrid)
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and every day counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made®, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Manager of Industrial, Health & Safety and Security is responsible for ensuring that Pharmavite achieves its short & long-term goals by delivering upon key metrics through implementation of robust programs and building organizational capability. This role provides corporate safety support and oversight to Pharmavite's production sites and other facilities, the role also provides corporate oversight to the outsourced security program. The Industrial Health and Safety and security Manager has one direct report "EHS Generalist" and collaborates closely with the Manager of Environmental & Sustainability.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutrient, we make matters, we have to make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role will deliver:
- Establish & execute against a robust IH&S program which ensures compliance with all regulations in all locations and meets OSHA 45001 requirements.
- Partners across the supply chain and total enterprise to deliver a safe work environment through development & improvement of IH&S Systems, Security Systems, employee capability building and overall safety culture.
- Oversight of the Operations Incident Management Program & ownership for Emergency Response practices & capabilities.
- Lead 'Management IH&S Reviews' at a corporate level ensuring elevation of risks, metrics and progress towards objectives are visible and have the necessary input from senior management.
- Provide Corporate oversight to the Pharmavite security program, providing support to Site Managers and Site Directors as Security issues arise.
The ideal candidate is can leverage their previous safety experience to take Pharmavite's Safety program to new heights, by driving continual improvement across the enterprise through collaboration, and building capability. You are a natural collaborator and coach who can influence without direct responsibility.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- Utilizing past experience, build and develop a robust enterprise safey program, whilst standardizing ways of working.
- Has the ability to assess risk and aderence to regulations by implementing effective audit programs and management reviews.
- Collabroates effectively with peirs, and influences without direct responsbility
- Strong, proven leadership skills with the ability to work cross functionally and influence others at all levels of the organization
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite's history. After 50 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
To take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in an Engineering or Health & Safety related field.
- 8+ years leading IH&S in a manufacturing environment; experience managing Security preferred
- Advanced working knowledge of regulatory agencies and requirements -- OSHA, CalOSHA
- Experience improving IH&S programs and driving measurable change in a manufacturing and office environment
- Previous Knowledge SMS implementation and continual improvement, for example, OSHAS 18000 but preferably ISO 45000
- Ability to effectively audit and provide auditing coaching
Here, career paths aren't predefined and bureaucratic limitations don't exist -- you have the opportunity to grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team -- to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization.
Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being -- as well as peace of mind. These rewards -- plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.com/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begins with us.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status. We do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.