Head of Regulatory Affairs
West Hills, CA
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and everyday counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
Working with the Vice President, Quality & Regulatory Affairs to serve as the Company's operational expert on regulatory compliance, providing direction, advice, and insights to appropriate internal stakeholders on existing, new, and emerging regulations as well as regulatory compliance and enforcement initiatives.
In support of the growing platform of product categories spanning the Pharmavite portfolio, will bring deep expertise and operational experience in the dietary supplement category, and ideally having strong knowledge and experience in establishing regulatory processes and procedures for pharmaceuticals, medical devices, cosmetics and foods. This expertise will enable Pharmavite to become a competitive and agile business in the broadened categories that it operates within, enabling speed to market and competitive product claims, within highly regulated industry segments.
As a senior and expert voice for regulatory compliance, will support the strategic and external-facing connections to trade and industry organizations, ensuring the Company's position as the industry leader in this area.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges, because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutrient, we make matters, we have to make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Strong credibility to the voice and opinions of Regulatory Affairs, using creativity and deep regulatory insight to solve problems, identifying win-win solutions as a proactive business partner.
- Direct impact on the business, partnering with a close-knit team and collaborate with business partners.
- As the resident SME, you will provide direction, advice, and insights into regulatory compliance.
- Manage and develop the capabilities and agility of the Regulatory Affairs team.
- Prepare the team for new opportunities, growth and expanding their respective roles.
- Develop and maintain strong strategic relationships with key stakeholders.
- Provide expert support in the development and implementation of the Company's external regulatory engagement strategy.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- Comprehensive knowledge of laws and regulations in an FDA regulated environment, pertaining to the manufacture and marketing of dietary supplements, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, cosmetics and foods.
- Knowledge of nutrition and health sciences
- Demonstrated ability to lead in a collaborative environment with a positive leadership style and a hands-on approach that emphasizes teamwork, collaboration, influencing, motivating, and consensus and team building.
- Progressive, successful management experience with ability to mentor and oversee experienced staff.
- Excellent strategic and agile thinker with deep business acumen and problem-solving track record.
- Superior facilitation and communication skills both written and oral, including public speaking.
- A "big picture" perspective, taking personal responsibility for actions and maintaining a commitment to consumer trust, quality and integrity.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team and willingness to "role up sleeves" to get the job done.
- Demonstrated ability and track record of working in a deadline-driven environment and handling multiple concurrent assignments.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite's history. After 50 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
In order to take on these challenges, you'll need:
A four-year college or university degree or its equivalent, preferably in the physical or life sciences is required. Master's degree or equivalent work experience is preferred.
A certification from Regulatory Affairs Professional Society is preferred.
15 plus years of impactful regulatory experience across a range of regulated industries, primarily Dietary Supplements with experience in other categories, such as Pharmaceuticals, Medical Devices, Cosmetics and Foods.
Experience leading and building strong department capabilities, simple and agile regulatory processes and inter-functional credibility.
Here, career paths aren't predefined, and bureaucratic limitations don't exist -- you have the opportunity to grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team -- to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization.
Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being -- as well as peace of mind. These rewards -- plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.com/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begin with us.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status. We do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.