Sr. Sales Strategy Manager
West Hills, CA (Hybrid)
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and everyday counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made®, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Sr Sales Strategy Manager plays an essential role in organizational success by pivoting between the field sales and retailer voice inside HQ, and brand advocate outside to field sales and customers, ensuring alignment and seamless communications. This role is a strategic thought leader who translates the needs of the retailer and connects expectations of the brand to set priorities, goals, and KPIs for successful execution. This role's primary clients are the sales channels VPs, strategic customer field sales directors, and the internal marketing department. The Sr Manager, Sales Strategy reports to the Director, Customer Marketing.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutrient, we make matters, we have to make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Developing & executing retailer plans consisting of both new items launches and strategic extensions to ensure maximum distribution, premium placement, and ideal support.
- Leading and implementing strategic action plans with the Sales team, providing direction on tactics & execution as well as selecting which opportunities to support to maximize ROI.
- Representing the Sales function on cross-functional New Product Introduction (NPI) teams, annual operating planning process, brand strategy development, and joint business planning initiatives
- Leading the development and deployment of the annual sales plan in partnership with Brand Marketing. This includes key selling strategies, tactics, and execution in support of the 4 P's for NPIs, brand strategies, and brand campaigns
- Utilizing insights to create, present, and implement annual Go-to-Market strategy plans including pricing, & promotion guidelines for both new brands and portfolio extensions
The ideal candidate is a relationship builder with experience closely collaborating with cross-functional teams to reach organizational priorities and goals. This person thrives in an active environment with the ability to balance simultaneous projects and requests, and capable of developing a team to produce exceptional results.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- Proven ability to translate the needs of the retailer and connect the expectations of the brand to tangible priorities, goals, and guidance to field sales
- Direct sales experience working with a Buyer to meet aligned upon goals, while hitting internal budgets for sales, growth, and profitability
- Deep understanding of Food, Drug, and Mass customers in the VMS market
- Demonstrated success in planning, budgeting, and launching annual channel, customer, and national plans at customer
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite's history. After 50 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
To take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent
- 6-8+ years of experience in the CPG industry. Minimum 2-3 years of experience in Sales, including Sales Strategy. Additional experience in Marketing or Shopper Insights a plus
- Experience working with field sales developing 12 - 24-month customer joint business plans
- Knowledge and experience with syndicated market data and ability to use both qualitative and quantitative data to translate into both internal and external facing presentations
- Ability to travel 30-40% as required
Here, career paths aren't predefined and bureaucratic limitations don't exist -- you have the opportunity to grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team -- to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization.
Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being -- as well as peace of mind. These rewards -- plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.com/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begins with us.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status. We do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.