HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and everyday counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high-quality products, and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Analytical Services Scientist is responsible for developing, optimizing, validating, and transferring analytical methods to QC to establish identity, purity, strength and composition of raw materials and finished products. This role ensures that we deliver suit-for-purpose methods for new product development, post commercial products, and stability-related samples. This role provides scientific support to cross-functional teams including Quality, R&D and Tech Ops organization. The Analytical Services Scientist reports to the Director, Research & Development and provides leadership and guidance to Analytical Services chemists.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutrient, we make matters, we must make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Develops, tests, validates, transfers, and approves new test methods and procedures for chemical and instrumental methodology to ensure accuracy and consistency; troubleshoot existing methods to ensure efficiency and suitability; inspects equipment for calibration and reliability and is responsible for maintaining a safe work environment.
- Directs and performs method validation studies and qualifies installation of new analytical instrumentation.
- Develops stability-indicating test methods and protocols to support new product development and performs appropriate accelerated stability studies and reports results to internal clients.
- Conducts research into state-of-the-art analytical methods through a search of journals and trade publications.
- Presents and report data, finding, project status to management and or to the scientific community.
The ideal candidate is scientific oriented with a strong background in analytical chemistry, physical chemistry, and varieties of analytical instrument operation. You will also have good communication skills to work with internal and external colleagues from different functional teams. You are also needed to provide scientific guidance to junior chemists in the analytical services group.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- Comprehensive understanding of chromatography and spectroscopy, and other fundamental analytical technology.
- In-depth knowledge of HPLC/UPLC, LC-MS, ICP-MS/OES, GC and other fundamental analytical instruments.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Competent in safely handling hazardous chemicals.
- Experience in Herbal and botanical method development.
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite's history. After 50 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
To take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- Requires three to five years of related laboratory experience in a laboratory environment.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or related sciences with emphasis on analytical work.
- Requires performing this job safely without endangering the health or safety of self or others.
Here, career paths aren't predefined, and bureaucratic limitations don't exist - you can grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team - to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization.
Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a total rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being - as well as peace of mind. These rewards - plus our new recognition program - ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.com/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begin with us.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status. We do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.