Strategic Sourcing Category Manager ( IT)
Location: West Hills, CA (Fully Remote)
FULLY REMOTE POSITION
US Candidate ONLY
No Visa Sponsorship Offered
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and every day counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Strategic Sourcing Category Manager, IT & E-Commerce, is an individual with passion and deep understanding of the IT industry and its emerging business models. Responsible for developing, implementing and evolving Category Strategies while supporting and influencing internal stakeholders. This individual will support key category initiatives by providing sourcing direction & expertise in the supplier evaluation, selection & management, commercial agreements negotiation, demand management, data analytics & pricing reviews. The Strategic Sourcing Category Manager, IT & E-Commerce, reports to the Manager, Corporate Sourcing, Indirect.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges, because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutriment we make matters, we must make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
- Lead the IT strategic sourcing process, including the selection of suppliers and commercial terms negotiations to obtain the best value quality specifications, service demands and supplier innovation opportunities
- Develops, presents and implements IT Sourcing Category Strategies to optimize value for Pharmavite while reducing risk at the highest quality and reliability
- Works with internal stakeholders and suppliers to identify and deliver cost savings/ cost avoidance opportunities as well as to develop a pipeline for future savings
- Provides Pharmavite IT team with market intelligence on portfolio items as well as marketplace trends
- Regularly performs price, industry and supplier analysis to support effective decision analysis in the sourcing process and work directly with key suppliers to negotiate preferred pricing and contract terms
- Work with the Sourcing Resource Center to actively monitor the IT Category spend and detect opportunities
The ideal candidate is a self-starter and possess the ability to work independently and measure progress against goals. Drives thought leadership and able to make unbiased recommendations based on facts and data. Has the ability to concisely articulate key points or insights verbally and in writing.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- Functional knowledge of the IT Category, including emerging business models
- Commercial and contractual negotiation experience with Technology suppliers, including Megavendors (Oracle, IBM, Microsoft, etc.)
- Demonstrated financial, quantitative, and analytical skills and their application on project evaluation
- The ability to incorporate market intelligence and data analytics into the category strategies and to leverage the information during contract negotiations.
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite's history. After 45 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
In order to take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- 5+ years of work experience including 2 years of IT Sourcing experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Ability to look at varying sources of data such as spend, cost, financials, articles, websites, periodicals, white papers, and news and have a good understanding of what the key insights are and are able to articulate them both orally and in writing
- Ability to work with cross functional teams where people want to have you on their project teams, and you have been able to influence and sway people to your opinions or ideas
Here, career paths aren't predefined, and bureaucratic limitations don't exist -- you have the opportunity to grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team -- to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization.
Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being -- as well as peace of mind. These rewards -- plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.net/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begins with us.
Pharmavite is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
Where permitted by applicable law, as of December 1, 2021 all candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by date of hire to be considered for all US-based jobs if not already employed by Pharmavite. Proof of vaccination will be required at hire.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet.