QC Analytical Scientist
US Candidates Only
No Visa Sponsorship Offered
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and every day counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The QC Analytical Scientist is responsible for supporting the validation of new test methods and procedures for chemical and instrumental methodology as well as independently conducting research into state-of-the-art analytical methods through search of journals and trade publications. The Scientist will also assist Quality Control supervisor / manager in support of special projects. The QC Analytical Scientist reports to the QC Manager.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Providing high-level technical expertise in support of laboratory testing, instrumentation, and investigational activities within their assigned team.
- Interfacing with peer scientists and analysts in QC and R&D for optimization and re-validation of Pharmavite Standard Methods (PSMs).
- Leading and supporting in-depth technical investigations and initiatives to identify process improvements, root causes and CAPA.
- Leading and supporting troubleshooting efforts for existing instruments and test methods (e.g., PSM) to ensure efficiency and suitability.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges, because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutrient, we make matters, we have to make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
The ideal candidate is flexible and adaptable. You are collaborative and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- Comprehensive knowledge of chemical analysis and instrumentation, such as HPLC, UPLC, LC-MS, GC-MS, ICP-MS, ICP-OES, NMR, Dissolution etc.
- Hands-on proficiency with analytical methods and instrumentation, including method transfer and/or optimization.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal, and ability to effectively lead in a cross-functional team environment.
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite's history. After 50 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
In order to take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or related sciences. Advanced degree is preferred.
- Five or more years relevant laboratory experience preferably in a similarly regulated industry.
- Ability to provide scientific guidance, leadership, and training to others within the department.
- Knowledge of applicable FDA and ICH guidelines. Familiarity with USP and other compendia is a plus.
Here, career paths aren't predefined, and bureaucratic limitations don't exist -- you have the opportunity to grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team -- to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization.
Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being -- as well as peace of mind. These rewards -- plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.net/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begins with us.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status. We do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
Where permitted by applicable law, as of December 1, 2021 all candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by date of hire to be considered for all US-based jobs if not already employed by Pharmavite. Proof of vaccination will be required at hire