Packaging Equipment Operator
We have become aware of scams from individuals, organizations, and internet sites claiming to represent Pharmavite in recruitment activities in return for disclosing financial information. Our hiring process does not include text-based conversations or interviews and never requires payment or fees from job applicants. All of career opportunities are published and regularly updated Pharmavite.com's career page.
If you have already provided your personal information, please report it to your local authorities. Any fraudulent activity should be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and every day counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Packaging Equipment Operator sets up, operates, monitors and adjusts equipment to package product and ensure compliance with standard operating procedures, safety rules and good manufacturing processes GMP's. The Packaging Equipment Operator reports to the department Supervisor and partners with cross-functional teams to ensure we package quality vitamins.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges, because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutriment we make matters, we must make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver are:
- A strong mechanical aptitude and comfortable working to resolve mechanical issues and can perform root cause analysis with training when things go wrong.
- Knowledge and comfort operating a variety of manufacturing packaging equipment in a fast-paced- production line where team efficiency is rewarded.
- Proficient English ability to read and write effectively and communicate with staff, read and understand standard operating procedures, manufacturing instructions and complete required production and cleaning logs
- Working with and understanding data, which tracks line efficiency and down time. With a quality mindset is attentive to detail and maintains accurate logs and records of production activities, ensuring, compliance with standard operating procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for quality of own work while adhering to required GMP requirements.
- Understands that efficiency is important and strives to continually improve changeover time which contributes to team efficiency.
The ideal candidate is someone who has worked in an environment which focuses on events such as lean manufacturing training and or experience in a continuous process improvement environment. You are change agile and thrive on helping others succeed and embrace this journey. You believe in recognition and practice active listening skills with your team and others.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- Working knowledge in a manufacturing, packaging or shipping environment is preferred but not required
- Ability to read and understand procedures, good manufacturing practices "GMP's", packaging standards, batch records, and follow verbal and written instructions
- Confortable with constant change and are self driven
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite' s history. After 50 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
In order to take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- High School diploma/GED or 9 years equivalency of related work experience
- Ability to intermittently lift and/or move loads of up to 50 lbs. with the use of pallet jacks and or other mechanical aids. Pulls, push, bends and twits, moving boxes of product to conveyers and pallets. Stands/walks for full work shift. Manual dexterity to operate filling and labeling equipment, operate controls, hand tools to assemble/disassemble parts of equipment. Required to stand and walk up the full shift
- Ability to read, write and perform basic math skills in English
Here, career paths aren't predefined, and bureaucratic limitations don't exist -- you have the opportunity to grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team -- to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization. Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being -- as well as peace of mind. These rewards -- plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.com/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begin with us. Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status. We do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
Where permitted by applicable law, as of December 1, 2021 all candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by date of hire to be considered for all US-based jobs if not already employed by Pharmavite. Proof of vaccination will be required at hire.