Commercial Analytics Manager
West Hills, CA (Hybrid 2-3 days/week)
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and everyday counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made®, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Commercial Analytics Manager is responsible for developing and cultivating pricing and promotion tracking capabilities. This role uses business data and statistical methods to provide insight into business performance, establish industry benchmarks and suggest areas for growth. The Analytics Manager reports to Senior Manager of Analytics.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutrient, we make matters, we have to make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Create and maintain infrastructure to enable tracking of competitors promotion activity and effectiveness in order to understand pricing and promotion strategy.
- Leading cross-functional projects using advanced data modeling and analytic techniques to discover insights that will guide strategic decisions and uncover optimization opportunities.
- Performing complex analytics and statistical modelling on large data sets to identify market/business sector trends, customer buying patterns and prepare ongoing reports and data visualizations to support business decisions.
- Developing and evaluating forecasting models that consider promotional tactics and activities, historical sales trends, new product introductions to inform Marketing on trends and opportunities.
The ideal candidate is passionate about telling a story with data that leads to actionable insights. You are willing to dive into complex data sets and gather additional data when needed to uncover what is occurring in the marketplace. You are comfortable with ambiguity in the request, with the understanding that is it what is uncovered in the data that will direct the outcome.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- Experience in constructing and distilling insights from complex data models
- Experience with diagnosing and resolving complex problems and opportunities with data and analytics.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment and managing through ambiguity
- Adept at managing multiple projects simultaneously
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite's history. After 50 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
To take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- Bachelor's Degree required; MBA preferred
- 5+ years' experience in Marketing, Sales Analysis, and/or Sales or Brand Finance; Consumer Products Group (CPG) experience preferred
- Pricing and analytics experience in a CPG environment strongly preferred
- Advanced Excel modeling skills
- Demonstrated success in cross function team environments
- Demonstrated experience in working with large sets of data and constructing complex models to yield actionable insights (must have previous experience mining 'large' data)
Here, career paths aren't predefined, and bureaucratic limitations don't exist -- you have the opportunity to grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team -- to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization.
Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being -- as well as peace of mind. These rewards -- plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.com/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begin with us.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status. We do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
Where permitted by applicable law, as of December 1, 2021 all candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by date of hire to be considered for all US-based jobs if not already employed by Pharmavite. Proof of vaccination will be required at hire.