Associate Innovation Marketing Manager
West Hills, CA (Hybrid 2-3 days/week)
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and everyday counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made®, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Innovation Marketing Associate Manager will be a part of an internal cross-functional start-up team dedicated to creating a pipeline of new products, packaging, and business models. The Associate Manager will help identify consumer needs worth solving and leading the discovery of innovation and renovation solutions that are worth scaling up. This role will report to the Director of Innovation Marketing.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutriment, we make matters, we must make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Supporting the execution of strategic and marketing aspects during the discovery process, collaborating cross-functionally and creating value propositions that will help realize the brand's objectives in the marketplace, which includes:
- Helping identify addressable consumer target and their needs in collaboration with Insights and the Nature Made® brand team
- Supporting category and competitive business assessments to assist with identifying opportunities to disrupt through product and business model innovation.
- Working with Science & Technology lead to identify technology solutions, Finance to establish size of prize and P&L viability, Insights to test and validate concepts, and Marketing and Sales to determine channel and placement
- Leading the ideation and concept development process
- Working with team to develop Minimum Viable Products and run in-market experiments, when applicable
- Supporting the development of recommendations to the internal investment and accelerator steering committees as it relates to additional people and funds to scale an idea
- With Insights Lead, assisting in the development of an innovation and consumer-centric culture throughout the organization.
The ideal candidate has an agile, growth mindset to develop, test, iterate on ideas and demonstrates the ability to thinking strategically and challenge the norm. You are also able to roll up your sleeves and be scrappy, with bias of learning in real-life rather than creating decks. You are an effective communicator, with strong empathy and interpersonal skills, and sharp problem-solving skills. You have experience working in a high-performance team of people with very diverse backgrounds.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- Proven experience in launching competitive products in the marketplace
- Strong brand development skills, from concept to positioning to launch plans
- Able to navigate data to distill insights; and equally able to use intuition when data is not available
- Demonstrated strong discovery skills particularly in leveraging internal networks to drive innovation strategy
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams to develop and sell ideas internally
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite' s history. After 50 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
To take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent required; MBA is preferred
- Requires 2+ years' experience post-MBA or 4 years post-college, with a minimum of 1 year working in the discovery or commercialization of innovation
- Proven success in creating, developing and launching innovation in market
- Experience working in a start-up environment required
- Experience working in Health & Wellness or Personal Care in the consumer-packaged industry and/or Vitamins and Supplements, or OTC Pharmaceutical is preferred
- Experience launching products in Traditional Channel and E-commerce preferred
Here, career paths aren't predefined, and bureaucratic limitations don't exist -- you can grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team -- to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization.
Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being -- as well as peace of mind. These rewards -- plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.com/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begin with us.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status. We do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
Where permitted by applicable law, as of December 1, 2021 all candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by date of hire to be considered for all US-based jobs if not already employed by Pharmavite. Proof of vaccination will be required at hire.