Project Manager NPD -- Commercialization
West Hills, CA (Hybrid)
US Candidates Only
No Visa Sponsorship Offered
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and every day counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Project Manager is responsible for bringing our new product ideas to life through a multifunctional team. This role partners with the Project Leader to guide and facilitate the project team through the product development process. The Project Manager reports to Program Manager, New Platforms & Ventures PMO.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges, because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutrient, we make matters, we must make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Partner with a Project Leader to manage new product development projects with cross-functional team members.
- Leverages strong communication skills to lead project teams through challenges and work with key stakeholders (higher, peer, lower in the organizational structure) via influencing and negotiating.
- Accountable for developing detailed project plans with defined timelines, dependencies, owner of activities and resource requirements.
- Proactively manages scope changes and project risk.
- Coach, mentor and motivate project team members, influencing them to take action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Works within PMO Department to look for and implement continuous process improvement.
The ideal candidate is recognized as a strong project manager that leads proactively and with an appropriate sense of urgency. You balance process and agility and love using data and metrics to inform decisions. At the same time, you enjoy working with and motivating others to success -- regardless of reporting lines and are comfortable operating with senior management. This likely means that you have high emotional intelligence and are able and willing to navigate through ambiguity towards clarity.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- The ability to lead cross-functional project teams towards successful deliveries of projects according to defined scope, on time, and within budget.
- The skills to build collaborative relationships with cross-functional partners that are based on a foundation of effective communication.
- The courage to respectfully question the status quo in an effort to determine the best path forward in the ultimate interest of the organization and all team members.
- The capability and initiative to navigate teams out of ambiguous situations through the use of flexible and situationally appropriate solutions.
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite's history. After 50 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
To take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree
- Excellent Oral and Written Communication - Proven ability to effectively communicate throughout organization: up, across and down
- Strong Interpersonal Skills - Drives accountability by influencing, encouraging, and motivating; effective at working in a matrix
- Excellent Organizational and Problem Solving Skills - Demonstrated process orientation, even in changing or ambiguous situations
- Strong Leadership Skills - Hands-on experience managing cross-functional teams in a range of projects
- 3 to 5 years of project management experience.
- Certification in project management methodology (PMP preferred).
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office, including Excel and Project. (MS Teams experience is a plus.)
Here, career paths aren't predefined, and bureaucratic limitations don't exist -- you have the opportunity to grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team -- to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization.
Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being -- as well as peace of mind. These rewards -- plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.com/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begin with us.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status. We do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
Where permitted by applicable law, as of December 1, 2021 all candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by date of hire to be considered for all US-based jobs if not already employed by Pharmavite. Proof of vaccination will be required at hire.