Sr. Brand Manager
West Hills, CA (Hybrid 2-3 days/week)
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and every day counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made®, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Sr. Brand Manager is responsible for strategic direction of established segments or focused brands for Nature Made's portfolio of vitamins and supplements. This role requires the Sr. Brand Manager to serve the health and wellness needs of our consumers, drive performance through insights and analytics within their assigned segments and own the development of marketing assets with agency partners. The Sr. Brand Manager also serves as a key internal leader. The incumbent will bridge Marketing with, among other functions, Sales and Innovation, develop capabilities within the Marketing function, and manage direct and indirect reports. The Senior Brand Manager will report to a Division Vice President in Marketing.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges, because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutrient, we make matters, we must make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Alignment of segment strategy with Innovation and Sales
- Identifying key growth or defend areas and developing and executing annual marketing plans against them for nationally recognized brands or highly competitive or complex categories
- Driving business performance of assigned segments by tracking and analyzing sales, distribution, and retail consumption
- Integrating traditional and digital communications strategy with brand strategy
- Optimizing the value of the segment portfolio to ensure the brand has an efficient and effective mix of products and SKUs
- Achievement of annual and long terms goals in collaboration with cross functional partners in Operations, Procurement, Science, Product Research and Development, and Innovation
The ideal candidate is a proven marketer with experience working on brands rooted in science, translating technical concepts behind a product into consumer facing communications. You demonstrate a command of brand management fundamentals, integrated communications, and omnichannel dynamics. You thrive in a fast-paced, fluid environment and adeptly navigate both structured and ambiguous work taking on unmet roles and responsibilities, while demonstrating a proactive mindset.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- Track record of achieving revenue and profit growth through effective P&L management from established lines of products or solutions
- Created and implemented annual marketing plans to unlock incremental value for assigned brand segment(s) by leveraging appropriate elements of marketing mix
- Developed and executed integrated marketing communications by leveraging a mix of creative acumen with marketplace business intelligence, insights, or analytics
- Demonstrated mastery of fundamental demand creation levers including such as retail promotions, consumer promotions, and communications campaigns
- Effectively collaborated with key internal and external stakeholders from Sales, Innovation, and/or Communications to public relations or advertising agencies
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite' s history. After 50 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
To take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or equivalent. An MBA degree is preferred
- Six years of brand marketing experience with at least four years at a nationally recognized retail distributed healthcare or consumer packaged goods company.
- Cross functional team leadership
- P&L ownership, business planning and execution, and forecasting
- The ability to simultaneously deliver on segment strategies and tactics
- Experience building or evaluating digital media plans that reach specific target audiences of critical mass
- Fluency with varying pricing, assortment, and promotional dynamics in a highly competitive category
- Project management and problem-solving skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional emotional intelligence and motivational skills
- Prior experience managing a direct report preferred or, in the alternative, demonstrated leadership in the context of leading teams or indirect reports
Here, career paths aren't predefined, and bureaucratic limitations don't exist -- you can grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team -- to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization.
Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being -- as well as peace of mind. These rewards -- plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.com/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begin with us.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status. We do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
Where permitted by applicable law, as of December 1, 2021 all candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by date of hire to be considered for all US-based jobs if not already employed by Pharmavite. Proof of vaccination will be required at hire.