HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and every day counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Packaging Set-Up Mechanic (NIGHTS 12 HR Shift) s responsible for operating, monitoring, and adjusting equipment to manufacture/package product and ensuring compliance with standard operating procedures, safety rules and good manufacturing processes. The position reports to the Department Leader and partners with cross-functional teams to ensure we produce quality vitamins.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Plan changeover schedule for each machine/line to include changeover parts are cleaned and inspected prior to each changeover, review changeover checklist, set-up, and start-up each piece of equipment, and support machine/line until steady state operation is achieved.
- Use hand tools, portable power tools and material handling equipment to perform a precision set-up during production line change over.
- Identifies and performs adjustments to improve production during line operation to meet all production requirements, including line speeds, quality, efficiency, daily production output and required change over times, OEE.
- Performs routine preventive maintenance on equipment by making regular inspections and completing assigned preventive maintenance work orders.
- Troubleshoots malfunctions in equipment and performs minor repairs.
- Assist senior mechanics in diagnosing problems to learn to perform complex repairs.
- Issue’s maintenance requests for major repairs.
- Communicates with leads and supervisors on schedules and priorities to ensure smooth flow of correct materials into manufacturing and other areas in accordance with production schedules.
- Maintains all required documentation including cleaning logs, maintenance logs and production records.
- Performs all duties in compliance with safety rules, Standard Operating Procedures, and current Good manufacturing Practices.
- Assists in the operation of production equipment by performing the duties of a Packaging Line technician and Packaging Line Lead when necessary.
The ideal candidate is flexible and adaptable. You are collaborative and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. candidate is flexible and adaptable. Able to work a 12-hour shift, and weekends.
You’ll be most successful in this role if you have:
- A working knowledge of the manufacturing/packaging operation, usually resulting from a minimum of one-year experience as a machine operation or set up mechanic.
- Sufficient mechanical aptitude to perform routine repairs, adjustments, and precision set-up procedures on machines/equipment.
- The ability to safely work with standard hand tools and portable hands tools.
- Read, write, and speak English fluently to communicate equipment problems, read and understand operating manuals and maintain written records.
To take on these challenges, you’ll need to have:
- High school diploma/GED or 9 years equivalency of related work experience.
- Physical ability to reach, push, pull and lift boxes weighing up to 50 pounds with use of an electric pallet jacks and / or hand dollies.
- Basic arithmetic skills to count/balance numbers of products and perform routine calculations.
Here, career paths aren't predefined, and bureaucratic limitations don't exist -- you have the opportunity to grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team -- to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization.
Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being -- as well as peace of mind. These rewards -- plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.net/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begins with us.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status. We do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
Where permitted by applicable law, as of December 1, 2021 all candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by date of hire to be considered for all US-based jobs if not already employed by Pharmavite. Proof of vaccination will be required at hire. Pharmavite provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals who are employees or applicants for employment, in accordance with applicable law. For Alabama: vaxexemption.alabama.gov/Data/OrginalForm.pdf
JOB ALERT FRAUD:
We have become aware of scams from individuals, organizations, and internet sites claiming to represent Pharmavite in recruitment activities in return for disclosing financial information.
Our hiring process does not include text-based conversations or interviews and never requires payment or fees from job applicants. All of our career opportunities are regularly published and updated on Pharmavite.com’s Careers section.
If you have already provided your personal information, please report it to your local authorities. Any fraudulent activity should be reported to: firstname.lastname@example.org.