San Fernando, California Production SupervisorApply Now
- Requisition Number SF5227
- Full Time Full Time - Regular
- Shift 24/7 Ngt Shift 7 Rotating
- Area of Interest Manufacturing
- Location San Fernando-SF1
Production Supervisor - 12 hour night shift
San Fernando, CA
Pharmavite has become aware of scams from individuals, organizations, and internet sites claiming to represent Pharmavite in recruitment activities in return for disclosing financial information. Career opportunities are published only through Pharmavite's official communication channels. The Pharmavite process includes an interview and never requires payment or fees from job applicants. Interviews will never be conducted via Google Hangouts, and any potential candidate will only be communicating with a Pharmavite team member through an official Pharmavite email address which will end in @pharmavite.com. If you receive a suspicious email or job offer on behalf of Pharmavite, do not provide any personal information or pay any fees. Interested applicants should only apply through this Pharmavite website. If you have already provided your personal information, please report it to your local authorities. Any fraudulent activity should be reported to Recruiter@Pharmavite.com.
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and everyday counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Production Supervisor will inspire manufacturing operations to achieve timely daily, weekly, and monthly results in the areas of safety, quality, cost and reliability while meeting department schedule adherence and attainment goals. Models Pharmavite' s purpose, beliefs, and values for their employees by embedding a first-time right mentality to reduce operational NCRs and reject/destruction costs, promoting robust root cause problem solving/CAPA development capability within their team, and meeting schedule adherence and attainment goals to deliver customer requirements.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges, because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutriment, we make matters, we must make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver are:
- Lead and improve productivity efficiencies within the area to meet safety, quality and on-time delivery goals. Set the standard and tone for their team by modeling Pharmavite' s purpose, beliefs, and values.
- Ensure productivity, safety, housekeeping, and quality product goals are met/exceeded; coordinates daily scheduling with other departments to facilitate flow of materials and finished goods through the department. Monitors operations of shift while sustaining changes to ensure first time right mentality.
- Collaborates with various departments to expedite and facilitate flow of raw materials, compounds, bulk, and finished product through the department.
- Investigate NCRs working in partnership with Quality to drive root cause problem-solving with urgency.
The ideal candidate demonstrates the ability to lead and coach teams to high-performance results. You will delegate and empower individuals while cross training the team. This person demonstrates managerial courage while driving production efficiencies.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact with and motivate a diverse group of employees.
- Advanced ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of production problems.
- Ability to lead delivery of required results in various areas, ensuring that succeeding shifts are set up for success.
- Strong prioritization, organizational, and delegation of operational tasks and duties.
- Experience in continuous improvement and lean methodologies.
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite' s history. After 45 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
In order to take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience in manufacturing.
- Requires a minimum of four years' experience in manufacturing to include supervisory/leadership experience.
- Experience in a Consumer-Packaged Goods (CPG) environment preferred.
- Six Sigma and or Lean/Continuous Improvement experience preferred.
- Working knowledge in MRP, WMS, & radio frequency systems.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, JD Edwards MRP, and PowerPoint preferred.
Here, career paths aren't predefined and bureaucratic limitations don't exist -- you have the opportunity to grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team -- to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization.
Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being -- as well as peace of mind. These rewards -- plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.com/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begins with us.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status. We do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.