West Hills, California Supplier Assurance SpecialistApply Now
- Requisition Number WH5256
- Full Time Full Time - Regular
- Shift 1st Shift
- Area of Interest Quality
- Location West Hills-WH
Supplier Assurance Specialist
West Hills, CA
Pharmavite has become aware of scams from individuals, organizations, and internet sites claiming to represent Pharmavite in recruitment activities in return for disclosing financial information. Career opportunities are published only through Pharmavite's official communication channels. The Pharmavite process includes an interview and never requires payment or fees from job applicants. Interviews will never be conducted via Google Hangouts, and any potential candidate will only be communicating with a Pharmavite team member through an official Pharmavite email address which will end in @pharmavite.com. If you receive a suspicious email or job offer on behalf of Pharmavite, do not provide any personal information or pay any fees. Interested applicants should only apply through this Pharmavite website. If you have already provided your personal information, please report it to your local authorities. Any fraudulent activity should be reported to Recruiter@Pharmavite.com.
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and every day counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Supplier Assurance Specialist will support the supplier quality organization and its programs. Ensuring our suppliers and vendors comply with relevant cGMP's, regulations, and company procedures/policies. The role will create and manage agile and risk-based processes and inspection programs that can effectively support a diverse global supply chain. You'll build relationships with our vendors and suppliers and collaborate on mitigation to deliver quality. The Supplier Assurance Specialist will report to Supplier Quality Manager.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges, because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutriment, we make matters, we have to make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Ensures the compliance of domestic and foreign vendors against applicable laws, regulations.
- Collaborates with internal partners to qualify and onboard new vendors and/or service providers.
- Develops and manages a risk-based audit schedule; including, prioritization to support strategic initiatives.
- Evaluates quality events, assess risk, and collaborates with vendors and suppliers to improve performance.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a supplier quality organization within a diverse and global supply-chain. An individual that can model and develops an organization that practices relationship-based and risk-based supplier quality. This individual must be agile and manage change support for a company that is rapidly innovating.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- The ability to work with multiple organizations within PHV in a collaborative manner
- The ability to successfully work on multiple tasks and successfully complete those tasks in the allotted time with little or no supervision
- By being agile in a rapidly innovating environment including, adapting to and managing change.
- Can interpret, understand, and effectively communicate regulations to a diverse audience.
- An understanding of how to effectively assess compliance with the applicable laboratory, technical and manufacturing best-practices and regulations.
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite's history. After 45 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
In order to take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- 2 years' experience in a similarly regulated industry; dietary supplements and/or pharmaceuticals.
- A solid understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Ability to travel and conduct GMP audits 0% - 25% of the time
- An American Quality Society (AQS) certification in auditing, GMP compliance or other quality-related discipline is preferred.
- 4-year college degree or it's equivalent in job-specific experience.
Here, career paths aren't predefined and bureaucratic limitations don't exist -- you have the opportunity to grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team -- to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization.
Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being -- as well as peace of mind. These rewards -- plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.com/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begins with us.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status. We do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.