Valencia, California Mechanical Line Technician - PackagingApply Now
- Requisition Number VALA5261
- Full Time Full Time - Regular
- Shift 2nd Shift
- Area of Interest Packaging
- Location Valencia A-VAL-A
Pharmavite has become aware of scams from individuals, organizations, and internet sites claiming to represent Pharmavite in recruitment activities in return for disclosing financial information. Career opportunities are published only through Pharmavite's official communication channels. The Pharmavite process includes an interview and never requires payment or fees from job applicants. Interviews will never be conducted via Google Hangouts, and any potential candidate will only be communicating with a Pharmavite team member through an official Pharmavite email address which will end in @pharmavite.com. If you receive a suspicious email or job offer on behalf of Pharmavite, do not provide any personal information or pay any fees. Interested applicants should only apply through this Pharmavite website. If you have already provided your personal information, please report it to your local authorities. Any fraudulent activity should be reported to Recruiter@pharmavite.com.
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and everyday counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Mechanical Line Technician (MLT) is responsible for engaging in preventive maintenance and minor mechanical repairs on Packaging equipment. You are an active member of the packaging production team. The MLT reports to the Packaging Department Leader.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges, because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutrient, we make matters, we must make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Ability to engage in and support continuous process improvement, and our Culture of Excellence activities.
- Learning agility and ability to partner with senior mechanics in diagnosing problems to increase skill level.
- Experience driving root cause problem-solving and ensure use of autonomous maintenance (AM) tools such as finding and fixing defects, Clean, Inspect and Lubricate (CIL), and focus on Rapid Change Over (RCO) reductions.
- Ability to facilitate and troubleshoot minor technical problems to overcome routine manufacturing equipment issues for areas of responsibility.
- Must have a continuous improvement mindset to improve through input and yield.
The ideal candidate is comfortable with change, technology and working in a team environment.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- Experience working in a highly regulated GMP environment,
- Ability to grasp and apply LEAN principles
- Comfortable with an industrial environment and using equipment
- Ability to read and interpret line performance metrics to increase productivity
- Comfortable working in a culture committed to safety. Participate in BBS/MDSE programs and monthly departmental safety meetings.
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite's history. After 50 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
In order to take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- Experience running production equipment
- Comfortable reading and interpreting analytics
- Ability to read and understand Job aids and SOP's
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Comfortable working in a team environment
Here, career paths aren't predefined, and bureaucratic limitations don't exist -- you have the opportunity to grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team -- to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization.
Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being -- as well as peace of mind. These rewards -- plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.com/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begin with us.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status. We do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.