Opelika, Alabama Lead, Operations Team (Packaging)Apply Now
- Requisition Number ECF5272
- Full Time Full Time - Regular
- Shift 24/7 Ngt Shift 6 Rotating
- Area of Interest Manufacturing
- Location Opelika-OPEL
Position Title: Production Lead
Location: Opelika, AL
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and every day counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Production Lead monitors production and directs the performance and quality output of team members; oversees the operating of all production equipment to meet daily production goals ensuring compliance with standard operating procedures (SOPs), safety rules, and current good manufacturing processes cGMPs.
The Production Lead reports to the department Supervisor and partners with cross-functional teams to ensure production of quality vitamins.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges, because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutriment we make matters, we must make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver are:
- In partnership with the Supervisor supports, maintains an environment that fosters good communication and teamwork within the department and related departments.
- Trains, cross-trains, and mentors' employees in all functions of production to ensure continuous improvement. Facilitates smooth rotation of employees and sets production speeds to ensure a balanced work flow.
- Ensures production employees comply with all cGMPs and standard operating procedures.
- Coordinates production activities, responds to, and resolves routine production problems quickly by re-assigning and training team members.
- Reviews and maintains accurate batch records of production for cGMP compliance.
- Performs daily close out of work orders in JDE, collects and enters all OEE reporting data.
- Performs all duties in compliance with cGMPs, SOPs, JIs, safety and quality procedures.
- A working knowledge of the manufacturing/packaging operations, usually resulting from a minimum of 2-3 years of experience.
- Ability to read and understand procedures, good manufacturing practices "GMPs", packaging standards, batch records, and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Comfortable with performing basic math calculations.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the operation of manufacturing type of machinery.
- Ability to work in team-environment, stand/walk for the full work shift, and walk up and down stairs and use ladders.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Manual dexterity to manipulate filling and labeling equipment controls, small production containers on a production line, and hand tools to assemble/disassemble parts of equipment.
- Comfortable using computers and knowledge of JDE is a plus.
- Ability to routinely lift and or move loads of up to 50 lbs. with the use of pallet jacks and or other mechanical aids. Pulls/pushes boxes of product on/off line and/or pallets using pallet jack, hoists etc.