Opelika, Alabama Packaging Equipment OperatorApply Now
- Requisition Number ECF5275
- Full Time Full Time - Regular
- Shift 24/7 Days Shift 5 Rotating
- Area of Interest Manufacturing
- Location Opelika-OPEL
Position Title: Packaging Equipment Operator
Location: Opelika, AL
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and every day counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Packaging Equipment Operator sets up, operates, monitors and adjusts equipment to package product and ensure compliance with standard operating procedures, safety rules and good manufacturing processes GMP's. The Packaging Equipment Operator reports to the department Supervisor and partners with cross-functional teams to ensure we package quality vitamins.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges, because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutriment we make matters, we must make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver are:
- Operates a variety of packaging equipment on a production line.
- Uses computer programming to enter data, adjust controls and operate machinery.
- Continually monitors equipment and product moving through line to ensure quality, packs and seals boxes; loads packed products onto pallets ensuring production and safety goals are met.
- Maintains accurate logs and records of production and cleaning activities, ensuring accuracy, completeness and compliance with procedures.
- Performs in-process quality checks, pulls in-process and retains samples as needed, inspects tablets, capsules and bottles for defects as they are being packaged. Notifies Line Lead or Supervisor of problems that disrupts production.
- Disassembles and sanitizes equipment at closeout of products; washes parts and machinery with water and cleansing/sanitizing agents; dries as necessary.
- Performs all duties in compliance with cGMP's, SOP's, JIs, and safety and quality procedures.The ideal candidate is a quick learner, flexible, and adaptable. You are willing to take initiative to keep the packaging lines running. Able to work beyond shift specific hours, including weekends as required.
- A working knowledge of the manufacturing/packaging operations, usually resulting from a minimum of 6 months of experience.
- Ability to read and understand procedures, good manufacturing practices "GMP's", packaging standards, batch records, and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Comfortable with performing basic math calculations.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the operation of manufacturing type of machinery.
- Ability to work in team-environment, take direction from a packaging line Lead, stand/walk for the full work shift, and walk up and down stairs and use ladders.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Manual dexterity to manipulate filling and labeling equipment controls, small production containers on a production line, and hand tools to assemble/disassemble parts of equipment.
- Ability to routinely lift and or move loads of up to 50 lbs. with the use of pallet jacks and or other mechanical aids. Pulls/pushes boxes of product on/off line and/or pallets using pallet jack, hoists etc.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.