Pharmavite has become aware of scams from individuals, organizations, and internet sites claiming to represent Pharmavite in recruitment activities in return for disclosing financial information. Career opportunities are published only through Pharmavite's official communication channels. The Pharmavite process includes an interview and never requires payment or fees from job applicants. Interviews will never be conducted via Google Hangouts, and any potential candidate will only be communicating with a Pharmavite team member through an official Pharmavite email address which will end in @pharmavite.com. If you receive a suspicious email or job offer on behalf of Pharmavite, do not provide any personal information or pay any fees. Interested applicants should only apply through this Pharmavite website. If you have already provided your personal information, please report it to your local authorities. Any fraudulent activity should be reported to Recruiter@pharmavite.com.
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and every day counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Lead, Mechanic is responsible for performing a variety of skilled mechanic and leadership role to facilitate the operation of production equipment, preventative maintenance, and complex mechanical and facilities repair. This is the senior level of the job family, and incumbents is expected to assume responsibility for trouble shooting and repairing the most complex mechanical, electrical, PLC, and facilities malfunctions. The focus of this role is the facilitation of maintenance for the entire plant during the shift. The tasks will include monitoring plant needs and generating documentation and analysis of shift performance. The role will involve direct hand on problem solving as a significant part of the responsibilities.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges, because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutrient, we make matters, we have to make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Uses all necessary hand tools, portable power tools, machine tools, electrical/diagnostic equipment, fabricating equipment, and material handling equipment to support and make repairs to all production equipment which may include; facilities and equipment such as motors, pumps, PLC's, conveyor belts, fans, etc; examines equipment to diagnoses problems; disassembles machines and repairs/replaces broken parts; constructs new parts; adjusts functional parts of mechanical devices as necessary.
- Uses computerized maintenance management system to access information and generate reports.
- Interacts with other leaders to evaluate and understand present and future requirements for allocating staff to meet the needs of the plant. Provides input on key performance metrics to maintenance leadership as it pertains to job performance of maintenance technicians.
The ideal candidate creates a culture that strives to increase quality and communication through doing what is right. He/she constantly meets and/or exceeds company goals in the areas of safety, sanitation, and performance
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- Responsible for the Overhauls/rebuilds on all equipment. Demonstrates an ability to analyze problems before they become failures and implement effective solutions.
- Participates in Continuous Improvement Teams and in initiating projects related to operations to improve efficiency and reliability of the equipment.
- Performs duties in compliance with standard operating and safety procedures.
- Develops training programs for all Mechanic III for Maintenance program to insure technical knowledge is developed in all Mechanic III positions on all equipment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite's history. After 45 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take ono new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
In order to take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- Completion of a two-year Technology program is preferred. High School Diploma or its equivalent is required.
- Requires a minimum of six years of related experience in Technical/Maintenance positions.
- Leadership, customer service, and conflict resolution skills.
- True multi-craft technical capability. (PLC, Mechanical, Electrical)
- Ability to analyze data and develop improvement plans.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills in data entry and processing.
- Attention to detail.
Here, career paths aren't predefined, and bureaucratic limitations don't exist -- you have the opportunity to grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team -- to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization. Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being -- as well as peace of mind. These rewards -- plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.com/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begin with us.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status. We do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.