Sr. Nutrition Scientist
West Hills, CA
We have become aware of scams from individuals, organizations, and internet sites claiming to represent Pharmavite in recruitment activities in return for disclosing financial information. Our hiring process does not include text-based conversations or interviews and never requires payment or fees from job applicants. All career opportunities are published and regularly updated on Pharmavite.com's career page.
If you have already provided your personal information, please report it to your local authorities. Any fraudulent activity should be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and every day counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high-quality products, and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Sr. Nutrition Scientist serves as an internal and external expert scientist in the field of nutrition science and dietary supplementation. The incumbent will have a deep understanding of nutrition science, with an interest and expertise in botanicals, vitamins, minerals, or other areas of nutrition. You will ensure scientific evidence supports product safety and efficacy through scientific due diligence and management of clinical trials. Identifies and provides scientific guidance for new products, technologies, and other business initiatives that support business strategies and objectives. The Sr. Nutrition Scientist reports to the Manager of Nutrition Science.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges, because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutriment we make matters, we have to make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Provide scientific analysis/interpretation, due diligence, and technical fortitude for product formulations, labeling, and advertising claims, consumer and trade promotions.
- Actively participate in new product development, from discovery and initial feasibility assessment to product qualification, business evaluation, and commercialization.
- Monitor and analyze new scientific information related to dietary supplements and dietary ingredients within subject matter expertise; disseminate relevant information to key internal stakeholders.
- Provide a scientific foundation for consumer-facing materials and external affairs.
- Contribute new ideas within your subject matter expertise that drive consumer health through scientific and technical insights.
- Develop a strong network of scientific advisors and consultants.
The ideal candidate has experience working in nutrition, food, or pharmaceutical sciences. The incumbent will identify and provide scientific guidance for new products, technologies, and other business initiatives that support business strategies and objectives. This person will work on cross-functional project teams to deliver timely results. You will have experience communicating with a variety of audiences (scientific peers, consumers, business colleagues, etc).
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- Ability to apply knowledge of human physiology and clinical nutrition to meet consumer needs.
- Demonstrated skills in critical thinking, evaluation of scientific research, study design, and analysis and interpretation of scientific data.
- Demonstrated skills in prioritization, time management, and project planning.
- Ability to translate and communicate complex scientific principles to non-scientists.
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite's history. After 45 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees, this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
In order to take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- Required a Ph.D. degree in the life sciences, Biochemistry, Nutritional Science, or related field.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar role in nutrition, food, or pharmaceutical sciences.
- Clinical trial design, development, and execution is desired.
- Ability to convey technical issues and productively with non-scientists.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including a record of scientific publications and presentations.
- A minimum of 10-20% travel via car or plane is expected.
- No relocation offered.
- No Visa Sponsorship offered.
Here, career paths aren't predefined, and bureaucratic limitations don't exist -- you have the opportunity to grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team -- to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization.
Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being -- as well as peace of mind. These rewards -- plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.net/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begin with us.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status. We do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.