Quality Control Supervisor
We have become aware of scams from individuals, organizations, and internet sites claiming to represent Pharmavite in recruitment activities in return for disclosing financial information.
Our hiring process does not include text-based conversations or interviews and never requires payment or fees from job applicants. All of the career opportunities are published and regularly updated on Pharmavite.com's career page.
If you have already provided your personal information, please report it to your local authorities. Any fraudulent activity should be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and everyday counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
We're seeking a Quality Control Supervisor to lead a high performing team of chemists, scientists and support staff who execute Pharmavite and compendial test methods and procedures in support of manufacturing operations at our Opelika, Alabama site. The QC team's scope includes sampling, testing and release of raw materials and testing of bulk products in tablet, soft gel and gummy forms. To accomplish this, the QC team maintains modern and well-equipped lab facilities in a constant state of GMP audit readiness. The Quality Control Supervisor reports to the site Quality Control Manager.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges, because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutriment, we make matters, we must make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Ensure safe and GMP compliant lab operations, maintaining constant audit readiness.
- Assign, schedule and review work assignments and training.
- Monitor and review test data to ensure accuracy and data integrity, ensuring uniform methodology and laboratory technique.
- Coach and mentor lab staff on analytical techniques and troubleshooting.
- Lead lab investigations to identify root cause and ensure appropriate resolution.
- Generate SOP, JI, and other standard methods to ensure accuracy and precision of test results and compliance with regulatory requirements.
The ideal candidate is at home in an analytical chemistry lab environment and ready to take on a challenge. You are an experienced leader of people who enjoys motivating and building a high performing team of professionals.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- The ability to lead your assigned team to deliver the required results.
- The ability to coach, develop and engage a high performing team to ensure success.
- A robust and practical understanding of lab instrumentation, methods and techniques common to the dietary supplement/nutraceutical industry.
- A continuous improvement mindset, ready to challenge the status quo in collaboration with employees and peers to advance quality systems and processes.
- A track record of effective troubleshooting, optimization, and problem-solving.
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite' s history. After 45 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
In order to take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- BS degree in Chemistry, Pharmacy, Microbiology, or related sciences.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a QC or lab environment in a regulated industry.
- Bench experience with physical, chemical, and/or microbiological testing in a regulated industry.
- Knowledge and understanding of principles associated with chemical and physical test methods.
Here, career paths aren't predefined, and bureaucratic limitations don't exist -- you can grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team -- to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization.
Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being -- as well as peace of mind. These rewards -- plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.com/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begin with us.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status. We do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
*No Visa Sponsorship Offered*