Packaging Improvement Engineer
West Hills, CA
We have become aware of scams from individuals, organizations, and internet sites claiming to represent Pharmavite in recruitment activities in return for disclosing financial information.
Our hiring process does not include text-based conversations or interviews and never requires payment or fees from job applicants. All of the career opportunities are published and regularly updated Pharmavite.com's career page.
If you have already provided your personal information, please report it to your local authorities. Any fraudulent activity should be reported to email@example.com.
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and every day counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high-quality products, and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Packaging Improvement Engineer is responsible for identifying and implementing changes to optimizing existing packaging configurations. This role maximizes supply chain efficiency, reliability and customer value by optimizing packaging components and configurations through the use of lean principles and value analysis techniques. The Packaging Improvement Engineer reports to Sr. Manager, Technical Operations.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges, because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutriment we make matters, we have to make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Subject Matter Expert for packaging components and configurations in the post-commercialized life cycle.
- Ensures supply chain reliability for packaging components.
- Improvement of post-commercialized products through cost savings or improved value of packaging components and finished good bill of material.
- Ensures new product launches meet packaging operational standards.
The ideal candidate can leverage the knowledge of lean principles in the area of packaging science to drive results, strengthen the supply chain, enhance value and improve margin. You are analytical, curious, persuasive, and able to create innovative solutions to existing problems.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- Have a healthy dissatisfaction of non-value added activities and finds and implements creative solutions to maximize value.
- Demonstrate significant ownership of product packaging portfolio through value analysis and implementation of improvements to enhance customer value.
- Possess an analytical and continuous improvement mindset that leverages data to draw insights and maximize business impact.
- Are a persuasive individual, capable of leveraging your credibility to appeal to both technical and non-technical business partners.
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite's history. After 45 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
In order to take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- Knowledge of packaging components, material compatibility and technologies related to development, testing and production. Knowledge of primary and secondary packaging systems and processes, manufacturing fill/finish equipment and processes, material science and quality system.
- Strong project management and organizational skills. Demonstrated technical problem-solving ability.
- Ability to apply Continuous Improvement and/or Value Methodology concepts as it relates to packaging components.
- Proven interpersonal skills to positively affect the results of cross-functional and internal teams. Highly motivated and efficient to drive measurable results.
- 3 years of design, development and/or testing of packaging components.
- Bachelor's Degree in Packaging or related Engineering discipline.
Here, career paths aren't predefined and bureaucratic limitations don't exist -- you have the opportunity to grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team -- to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization.
Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being -- as well as peace of mind. These rewards -- plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.com/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begins with us.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status. We do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
*No Visa Sponsorship Offered*