Manager, Operations Controller
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and everyday counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Manager, Operations Controller is responsible for strategic and financial guidance for plant operations and logistics management and managing/delivering financial results for manufacturing plant and logistics/distribution. Manager, Operations Controller reports to the Group Controller and manages a Sr. Cost Accountant.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges, because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutrient, we make matters, we must make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Lead all accounting and financial activities of Valencia facilities, including but not limited to month end close, account reconciliations, variances analysis, forecast and budget etc.
- Assists operations and logistics departments in the development of their annual department expense budgets, freight planning, as well as monitoring periodic performance to budget and assisting in the development of forecast projections.
- Measures, analyzes and reports on packaging material and logistic related variances. Recommends strategies to improve manufacturing efficiencies through analysis of production processes, capacities and new technologies.
- Validates continuous improvement cost savings projects. Actively participates in ideation, prioritization, and assigning cost savings project resources.
The ideal candidate is someone who builds strong rapport with business partners while enhancing and delivering financial goals. You are passionate in delivering the right cost for the consumer, collaborates with business partners, strong problem solver and consistently highlights business risk.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- Capability to connect the "dots", by supporting manufacturing facility and meeting overall financial objectives
- Strong partnership with Operations and Logistics departments to impact decision making resulting in positive financial results
- Takes initiative to understand details and be an achiever who sets goals, tracks, measures, and delivers results
- Open-minded yet confident in taking a position grounded in facts
- Manages to meet current expectations and plans for future growth
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite' s history. After 50 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
In order to take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- 4-year college or university degree, or its equivalent, in accounting or finance or related field
- 5+ years' experience in cost accounting or accounting preferably in a manufacturing environment with plant controller experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of ERP and computerized cost accounting systems, inventory systems and standard product costing including strong experience in bills of materials, labor and throughput routings
- Previous and/or demonstrated people leadership/management desired
- Strong MS Excel skills and proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Here, career paths aren't predefined, and bureaucratic limitations don't exist -- you can grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team -- to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization.
Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being as well as peace of mind. These rewards plus our new recognition program ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.com/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begin with us.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status. We do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.