Chemist I -- 2nd shift
We have become aware of scams from individuals, organizations, and internet sites claiming to represent Pharmavite in recruitment activities in return for disclosing financial information.
Our hiring process does not include text-based conversations or interviews and never requires payment or fees from job applicants. All of the career opportunities are published and regularly updated Pharmavite.com's career page.
If you have already provided your personal information, please report it to your local authorities. Any fraudulent activity should be reported to email@example.com.
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and every day counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Chemist I is responsible for performing physical and chemical tests using instrumental analysis and wet chemistry tests. Tests raw materials, finished goods, stability and special samples to determine identity, purity, composition and strength.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges, because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutrient we make matters, we have to make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Performs physical and chemical analyses of raw materials, finished products, stability and special samples using wet chemical and major instrumentation such as NIR, FTIR, UV-Visible, GC, ICP, NMR and HPLC.
- Documents and submits all raw data and final results generated from test per Pharmavite Standard Methods (PSMs).
- Conducts scheduled calibration of laboratory instrumentation (such as thermometers and weighing balance).
- Documents all data in Lab notebook according to cGMP.
The ideal candidate creates a culture that strives to increase quality and communication by doing what is right. He/she constantly meets and/or exceeds company goals in the areas of safety, sanitation, and performance.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot production issues related to quality and/or operational issues while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing with multiple levels of employees (employees, supervisor, manager, etc.) and across multiple functions.
- Working knowledge of laboratory equipment (Such as HPLC, UPLC, GC, UV or ICP), safety, quality and computer systems.
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite's history. After 45 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
In order to take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- Requires a 4-year college or university degree or its equivalent in Chemistry, Biology, Pharmacy or related science.
- 0-3 years' experience in a manufacturing environment. Experience in Quality is preferred.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills in data entry and processing.
- Ability to conduct mathematical calculations.
- Attention to detail.
Here, career paths aren't predefined, and bureaucratic limitations don't exist -- you have the opportunity to grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team -- to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization. Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being -- as well as peace of mind. These rewards -- plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.com/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begin with us.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status. We do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.