1 opening in San Fernando, CA
1 opening in Valencia, CA
We have become aware of scams from individuals, organizations, and internet sites claiming to represent Pharmavite in recruitment activities in return for disclosing financial information.
Our hiring process does not include text-based conversations or interviews and never requires payment or fees from job applicants. All of the career opportunities are published and regularly updated Pharmavite.com's career page.
If you have already provided your personal information, please report it to your local authorities. Any fraudulent activity should be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and every day counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Operations Engineer is responsible to drive key daily quality and reliability metrics that enable the department to meet its business objectives in quality, productivity and cost. Also, this role will coach personnel on best practices and techniques to improve first-time right production of a product. This position plays a key role by understanding process data, observations/input from the manufacturing floor and technical aspects of the manufacturing process to drive systemic improvements. The Operations Engineer reports to Operations Manager and collaborates cross-functionally with manufacturing at all levels, technical operations, engineering, and quality to drive this work.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges, because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutriment we make matters, we have to make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver are:
- Developing standards and procedures to improve the reliability of manufacturing process.
- Leading root cause problem solving for Operational NCRs (non-conformance reports) and Customer complaints and identifying how to prevent reoccurrence (CAPAs)
- Supporting Operational Excellence initiatives including but not limited to Total Productive Maintenance programs i.e. Autonomous Maintenance.
- Leveraging your Technical Mastery of manufacturing to aide with successful new product launches, understanding processing times (routers), and implementing process improvements
- Utilizing appropriate problem-solving techniques to determine root causes of manufacturing failures (Design of experiments, RCFA, FMEA, etc.) and initiates necessary corrective action to eliminate/reduce reoccurrence.
The ideal candidate is recognized as a strong technical leader with hands-on experience within a manufacturing environment with knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP). You will possess a "discover, learn and apply" mentality that can motivate others to succeed. You will also have a proven track record for implementing and sustaining operations systems, methods, skills and behaviors.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- Driven reliability and work process improvements leveraging experience from the operations, technical/process knowledge in a sustainable way
- Reduced Operational Non-conformance (NCRs)/Customer Complaints and associated loss (reject/destruction) while ensuring robust root cause problem-solving and the right corrective/preventative actions (CAPAs).
- Successful new product development (NPD) transfer
- Demonstrated a continuous improvement mentality, searching for the next improvement opportunity using data, qualitative information and direct observation of the process.
- Demonstrated behaviors that are effective in sustaining success using plan-do-check-act (PDCA) processes.
- Participated in or lead a change cross functionally in a manufacturing environment to align to a vision or industry best practices.
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite' s history. After 45 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
In order to take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- Knowledge in data analysis techniques such as Statistical Process Control, Fault Tree, Fishbone, Six Sigma (DMAIC).
- Strong quantitative acumen with the ability to perform data analysis including the ability to perform trending and data collection.
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with business partners and working groups to meet mutual goals.
- Requires a 4 year college or university degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Food Science degree or equivalent experience.
Here, career paths aren't predefined and bureaucratic limitations don't exist -- you have the opportunity to grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team -- to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization.
Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being -- as well as peace of mind. These rewards -- plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.com/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begins with us.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status. We do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
*No Visa Sponsorship Offered*