Senior Corporate Accountant
West Hills, CA
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and every day counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made®, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Sr Corporate Accountant is responsible for the timely preparation of journal entries, analysis, and various account reconciliations for the Company's exciting brands and subsidiaries. The position plays a critical role within Corporate Accounting, including the more complex accounting activity and supporting various levels of internal customers within the Company. The Sr Corporate Accountant reports to the Manager, Corporate Accounting.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges, because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutrient, we make matters, we have to make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Supports the complexities of accounting data for nurish by Nature Made® and other company brands
- Ensures completion and accuracy of monthly allocation process
- Maintains an in-depth analysis of reserves on the balance sheet including accrued liabilities
- Ensures that liability accounts provide an accurate reflection of company's current financial condition
- Assists and supports internal business partners in the analysis of the monthly P&L expenses incurred for proper accounting classification and other projects as needed
- Maintains a comprehensive monthly analysis of coupon promotions and liabilities
The ideal candidate has proven experience managing and maintaining complex spreadsheets with a high volume of data, possesses strong analytical skills, is systems savvy, and detail-oriented. You are able to manage competing priorities, work independently, and collaborate with others to consistently meet strict deadlines.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- Experience managing multiple priorities and consistently meeting deadlines
- Management of complex spreadsheets to ensure complete, accurate accounting and reconciliation
- Superior knowledge of spreadsheet software and a background in various financial software packages
- Competent knowledge of US generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Thorough understanding of finance/accounting in a consumer goods and manufacturing environment
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite's history. After 50 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
In order to take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- Four-year college or university degree or its equivalent, preferably in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years' experience in financial accounting or reporting
- A Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification is preferred
- Savvy in Excel -- complex data and reconcile
- Self-motivated, flexible, and able to handle large volumes of work independently
Here, career paths aren't predefined, and bureaucratic limitations don't exist -- you have the opportunity to grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team -- to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization.
Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being -- as well as peace of mind. These rewards -- plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.com/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begin with us.
Pharmavite is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.