Technical Operations Manager
West Hills, CA
We have become aware of scams from individuals, organizations, and internet sites claiming to represent Pharmavite in recruitment activities in return for disclosing financial information.
Our hiring process does not include text-based conversations or interviews and never requires payment or fees from job applicants. All of the career opportunities are published and regularly updated Pharmavite.com's career page.
If you have already provided your personal information, please report it to your local authorities. Any fraudulent activity should be reported to email@example.com.
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and every day counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Technical Operations Manager is responsible for unlocking supply chain potential by championing collaboration, simplification and standardization and develops a team of experts who establish a solid foundation for continuous improvement. The Technical Operations Manager reports to the Director, Technical Operations.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges, because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutriment we make matters, we have to make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role will deliver:
- Leading a multi-disciplined team that enhances the value of post commercialized products by implementing innovative solutions across finished products, raw materials, components, and processes.
- Applies a value stream mindset and acts in the best interest of Pharmavite and Consumers throughout the product lifecycle by constantly improving the quality, reliability and cost.
- Improvement of post-commercialized products through cost savings, risk mitigation, reliability, simplification or margin enhancement.
- Direct and supervise technical support to Manufacturing and Quality relating to formulas, raw materials and packaging.
The ideal candidate faces new opportunities and challenges with a sense of urgency, champions change, develops a plan, recognizes team, delivers complete solutions, and holds self and team accountable for performance. You are analytical, technical, curious, persuasive, and able to create innovative solutions to existing problems.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- Passionate about the dietary supplement industry and can demonstrate a high level of subject matter expertise in end to end manufacturing of dietary supplements across various dosage forms.
- Have a healthy dissatisfaction of non-value added activities and can inspire the team to find and implement creative solutions across the portfolio.
- Demonstrate significant ownership of the Value Methodology Program, along with ability to implement improvements to enhance customer value and improve product performance.
- Possess an analytical and continuous improvement mindset and can inspire team to leverages and maximize business impact.
- Can build the best team by developing technical subject matter experts, establish a path for succession and provide on-going coaching and feedback to the team.
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite's history. After 50 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
In order to take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- Practical experience with dietary supplement products and formulations, product/process development, and manufacturing equipment, including packaging.
- Deep industry knowledge and insight, as well as the ability to leverage your network to generate solutions.
- Proven ability to analyze manufacturing issues and identify the root cause, then work cross-functionally to implement changes to prevent a recurrence.
- Strong project management and organizational skills, with demonstrated technical problem-solving ability.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with a proven ability to communicate effectively cross-functionally and across all levels of management.
- Minimum of five years of experience in product development, process development, or related role, with a minimum of two years of supervisory experience.
Here, career paths aren't predefined and bureaucratic limitations don't exist -- you have the opportunity to grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team -- to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization.
Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being -- as well as peace of mind. These rewards -- plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.com/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begins with us.
Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status. We do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
*No Visa Sponsorship Offered*